Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Largemouth Bass Help

Was wondering if any one had any tips on how to catch some bass???? Had some luck on soft plastic jerkbaits and spinnerbaits. But no big bass!!!! What should i use as far as soft plastics. Thanxs

Re: Largemouth Bass Help

No help wats the deal??????

if ya will read other related post, we won't havta type it twice. read 'beddin bass' an ' big bass info'...you're welcome!

we had a nice 4.5 on a white spinnerbait at the last tourny that we fished. 1 to 1.5's on sink-os on structure in 15 feet of water.

Sinkos how are you rigging them and wat colors and retrives are you using just bought some last night.

Went last night and all the fish we caught, which included a 6.2 lber came out of 25' of water off of rocky breaks. Ol Monster Black Grape with a 3/8 or 1/2 ounce weight caught 5 fish and a Zoom Fat Albert grub on a 1/4 ounce jighead caught the other 2 fish. Big fish came on the Ol Monster worm. Good luck to you. Saw tons of smaller largies schooling and feeding. We were usually anchored up and could tell the fish were smaller, so we didnt cast into them, but the bass are very active right now!! Deeper water will bring you bigger fish.

TOBY

How do you rig them Big Dog texas style and wat size worms???? Also wat time are you fishing these worms and how slow, bumpin along the bottom, pickin them up and dropin em. Thanks for your help

Fished last night from 5:45 until dark. In the areas where I fish it is not possible to drag them around. I typically hop them and let them drop back down to the bottom. Have started pegging my weight also, which seems to help with snags. I use a 3/8 - 5/8 ouce weight depending on the wind and depth. Use as light a weight as I can and still feel the structure and bottom. #5 Gamakatsu Wide Gap hooks.

Toby

Those Zoom Ol Monsters you asked about are 10.5" long. I highly recommend the BLACK GRAPE and the GREEN PUMPKIN.

Toby

Had the same prob gettin snaged on everything. Never pegged my weights but it makes sense and will give it a try. I actually got those same worms and will use them. Thanks a ton bro