Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Leaveing for Iraq First trip to kerr lake

Im a US Marine and I am leaveing for iraq next month and im heading upto the lake on the 22nd for the wkend. It will be my first time on the lake and would love to catch some LMB and some catfish. If i could get some tips that would be great I will be out on the lake with my buddy and my fiances father. Please let me know if you have any advice. Thank you very much.

Re: Leaveing for Iraq First trip to kerr lake

Can i please get some advise any at all will help.

Main lake near Occonnecche and grassy creek. Throw topwater early and crankbait or carolina rig later. Lots of bait around those areas.

Can I please get some help anything would be great.

fish live and cut shad and live bream in or near bottom. from bridges in clarksville to river split.
Good Luck!!
Mike

TROLL ALERT, check his IP,he has posted under 4 different names.

last post is for catfish, also try chicken livers near the rr trussel for channel cats.
Mike

Just trying to get some help thanks.

Bassmaster2b,
If you are hear Saturday night (23rd). Come on out and join us at the Showdown! We have a great time and would be honored to have you. If you get to join us , get up with me or Warren when you get there!
www.thecatfishshowdown.com or call 434-735-8106 Warren at the store for more info!

We had another marine come by in April ,just before he shipped off to IRAQ! He was recogninized and gave a shout out to all the fishermen! Our website guy Steve is a retired marine also!
SEMPI-FI!!!!!!!!

Thats sounds great Moby I would be honored to come out and hang out with yal. I got your info and will be contacting you soon.

Just go back from Iraq with 28th,stationed Fallujah Iraq,worked in Al Saqliwiyah,Ferris and Fallujah City good luck and God bless you brother,I will be at the coast Thursday through Sunday Morehead CITY IF YOU LIKE sALTWATER FISHING AND WILL BE BACK MONDAY,WOULD LOVE TO TAKE YOU OUT NIGHT FISHING AT BUGGS IF YOU WILL BE AROUND. desert1cop@yahoo.com let me know your dates you can fish OK

Yeah my first time I was stationed in TQ and where headin to fallujah. Il be workin all this week and then where headin to cali for training next week this wkend will be my last time to kerr lake unless they give me some leave. Im hopein to catch some fish. Thanks bro and have fun fishin catch the biggin

My son just finished Boot Camp at Parris Island and is now @ Lejeune in SOI. I would be proud to take you out or help out but I can't get down to Buggs this weekend. Thank You, and God Bless you for all you have done and continue to do for this Country!

Hes a better man then me ive been in for 3yrs and i wouldnt wanna be a grunt they do to much stuff in the field and are always busy. Linesider do you have any tips for me this wkend with cats and bass. Hopefully this isnt my last trip down there but if it is it would be great to catch some fish. Thanks for the help and tell your son oooooorahhhhh.

Good deal! The best time to catch everyone together is from 3pm till launch and from pm til the end.

All I do is Striper, but I can tell you I have been catching LM and Blue Cats on Alewives from 10-20 ft deep over open water. Hope this helps

What is a alewives never heard that before and also what baits worked for you.

Types of forage bait in our area lakes are Gizzard Shad, Alewives, Threadfin and Bluebacks. They are all members of the Herring family. All I use is live bait. My days of chunking and winding bits of plastic, feathers, rubber, lead and metal are long gone! Even if I see them bustin' I throw them a piece of meat!

Thanks I appreciate it. Where the bass you were catching very big??????

you need to talk to toby buddy