Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
beddin bass

whats the latest y'all seen LMB beddin? i was crusin the banks yesterday at a local lake, lookin for brim beds. seen a large bass under a willow. got closer, seen the bed an the smaller male. came back bout sundown, threw a senko to the bed twice, an she ate it!!! 6 lb 11 oz on my digital hand scale. released to finish her chore. this is the latest i've seen bass beddin. have seen a lot the first wk of june, a few the second wk but never any the third wk. i'm still learnin.

Re: beddin bass

Fishdoc; Did you get toasted out there today ? To hot for the wife, grandkids, & me. We only stayed about an hr.

Caught a female about 3 1/2 lbs with a red tail and roe last week at Gaston up toward the river. So there are a few scattered fish still bedding.

I was out Saturday and caught several nice ones and some smaller ones, all shallow close to shore. Popr early and Rebel minnow later. Cranks, worms and lizards did nothing for me deeper. Surprised I was because I was mentally prepared to fish deeper.

Fished a small tournament on SML this weekend and found one bedding under one of those plastic jet ski docks in around 3ft of water. I had no luck getting her to bite. I think the sweet spot must have been under the edge of the lip of the dock because she would look at several baits but never even fanned at anything, but she was sticking to one spot just under the corner where the plastic dock met the main dock. I am sure she was bedding but I couldn't do anything with her. This is the latest I have ever seen a fish that tight to a bed.

JRTRITON,

I had one like that once, messed with it for about an hour and nothing; finally figured out what to do to get her on my line.
I tossed my jig on the other side of the bed and waited until she settled down on her bed and then popped her in the head with my jig! Boy did that **** her off, she turned around and finally nailed that jig hard!! But before that it didn't make any difference what I did, she wasn't interested in the bait at all.

yea, surprised me also. caught a 5 an a couple 3lbers last wk at buggs, 12ft deep on cranks...an twin 4lbers 17 ft deep jiggin a hopkins in a school of stripers. but all these fish looked like pregnant females or they really been eatin good cause they looked like they swallowed a tennis ball or two. only got one today off a secondary point in irish cr, but they crappie got me real busy. we got 80 crappie off one brush pile...some bigguns!

...oh! an MOFISH, it don't get to hot for me. i found out that cabelas guidewear pants an long sleeve shirt are as essential to summer fishin as my goose down is in the winter! an number 50 sunscreen...that stuff will make ya feel cooler fast as ya can rub it on.