Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Occoneechee Parking Tickets

Does anyone know how many tickets that Park Ranger wrote for parking on the edge of the grass at Occoneechee State Park on Saturday i6th of June. I saw alot of tickets on just about everyones truck that was parked in the lot just above the single ramp. The guys said that they recieve parking tickets for their tires being on the grass. Be careful on how you park thier because that Ranger will give you a ticket and he stated that they didn't have to post anything. He also said you can't go to Wal-Mart and park on the sidewalk can you and that isn't posted.
FYI

Re: Occoneechee Parking Tickets

Sure would be nice if that same Ranger got his boat and a couple books of tickets and hit the water.That's why it's so much non-sense going on on the water.If all he had to do was get after people for parking on the grass than he needs to be at home so maybe his salary can go to a better cause.

I guess its the same all over the state, here on the coast they will write parking tickets at the ramps but you hardly ever see them checking coolers. I called one a few weeks back when I saw some people of different ethnic background throwing nets and keeping everything in it. They never showed then either.

I noticed them sunday before last circling the lot 5-6 times. Guess it's alot easier writting a parking ticket than getting out on the water doing your job, guess you can do what ever ya want on the water just don't park on the grass, go figure

Remember guys the Park Rangers job is in the park. Game Wardens are the ones that patrol the lake and enforce boating laws. Most people think these are one in the same but they are not. Most rangers don't have law enforcement ability and cannot check coolers or check fishing licences, ETC. Give the guys a break for doing their job.

Sounds like a Game Warden want to be to me, don't be mad. Anyway he is right they have a job to do, and the state camp sights can't compete with the federal camp sights so they need all the help they can get. So give them a break.

how would you feel if someone came to your house, and parked in your front yard instead of in your driveway? i agree give the guys a break, their only doing their job.
Mike

For my curiosity, this is the parking lot up on the hill above the small ramp at #1, not the second ramp back in the back of the park (#2 ramp)? And, just to be sure, the truck was parked in the gravel lot but the front wheels were over onto the grass? Were these warning tickets or ticket-tickets? Thanks...jfo

We were told there is no swimming at Occoneechee State Park in the camping area. We were camping and told we could not swim out from the camp site and that the 40 foot drop offs in the water could cause us to drown. Has anyone here ever swam out of thier camp site?

The goverment takes your tax dollars,builds a lake with it,installs camp sites and dang you can't even park on the grass that was paid for by tax dollars.Seems some want big city living in the camp sites.Like every where else,you bring city people to the country and the country just fades away.Just look around you for once.

It's never a problem when we have big tournaments with several boats and the park takes in $6 per vehicle and then they park'em in the grass cause they don't wanta loose that money. Bad thing is if you use North Bend, the ramp fee is $4 and you never have to worry about being targeted there. I feel personally that if the Federation can't use the Special Events area that was funded by The FEDERATION, why should we even contribute to the State Parks. Looks like they would appreciate the fact that every time you have a tournament at the state park, the more money the park rakes in on parking permits and then they slap a $25 ticket on you vehicle for a grass parking violation. I think VA State Parks do a great job and they are really nice places to spend the weekend with the family, but come on. The biggest problem of all- To my knowledge, there is no way or no where to contest the ticket and if you don't pay, oh well!!!!! They will just put a lien on your 2007 tax return. D@&%^# if you do and D%&^%(% if you don't!!!!!!! I'm a police officer myself and I realize that the law is the law and the rules are the rules, but there are two things that alot of officers don't use. One is "Officer Descretion" and the 2nd one is "Common Sense" Thank you and have a nice day!!!!!

Sorry to run countercurrent here to some of the posts, but I've had tickets & warnings at OKE for using the #2 ramp after dark and for not having my pass properly displayed. Each time I went over immediately to the park office and spoke to them and each time I found them professional, courteous, and while each of my various offenses was a first-timer, they let me off...jfo

JFO, isn't OKE a 24 hour ramp?