Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BIG CATFISH NEAR CLARKSVILLE

ANYBODY CATCHING ANY BIG CATFISH NEAR THE RIVER FORKS?
FISHING REPORT SAYS THEY ARE BITING EXCELLENT BUT HAVE NOT HAD ANY LUCK THE LAST 3 TIMES WEVE WENT

Re: BIG CATFISH NEAR CLARKSVILLE

they are biting live bait real well

My son &I caught several nice cats sat. aft. while striper fishing w/ live bait we were at the airport and the biggest one was 20 lbs.

Teacher where is the airport? Is that an actual name for a place on a map or just a nick name that the old timers know. I hear a different names for the same places at the lake all time, makes it kind of hard for me to learn the lake, lol.

Yep, retnavyencm the airport is on most good maps. It's to the right of the mouth of Grassy crk. If you look frpm the lake you can see it. It is a grass strip.I have seen a plane come in there only once.
P.S. about your reference to old timers, I've fished kerr very regularly since 1987, this makes my 21 st. year and accord. to my notes this past sat. made 511 days,I'm 48 yrs. old so I dont know If I'm an old timer yet.

well if you are an old timer then I am too if you are going by your age, lol

went sat night best fish was 32lb had a few in the upper 20lbs.went up in grassy there aren't no fish there!1!!!Stay around Buffalo to the forlks of the rivers1!! All fish were cought on head and center cut crappie! 1bigblue

I fished Fri night through Sat morning. No luck on the upper end, so went down lake and the bite was steady but only hitting big live bait. And most bites came from fish suspended 20-30ft deep over the channel or close to it. One of the biggest fish I've ever seen hooked hit in the bottom of a 50ft creek channel month of June. The fish hit came to the boat you could hear the line cutting the water, the rod folded under the boat and the line started pealing off the reel, my dad fought for what seemed to be quite a while to get the rod out of the rod holder. Got it out then the rod butt buried into his stomach fought for a minute then it sounded like someone fired a 22 rifle. I thought it was the sound of 40lb test popping. It was the hook pulling out, the line did not break. I'll never forget it. There is also an airport below Aarons creek on the Dan.

FROM WHERE THE RIVERS FORK HOW FAR IS AARONS CREEK UP THE RIVER

Tip of split to mouth of Aarons is 3.2miles. Approximately 1/4 a mile downstream from Aarons mouth, on the same side is a grass strip also mentioned sometimes here as "the airport". The celaring at both the strip at grassy and the one DS from Aarons are visible from the water....jfo

There is also one in beaver pond creek that's visible from the water also. Forgot to mention earlier.