This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need Local Guide and Campground Recommendation

Hi,
Used to spend alot of time at the Lake 20-years ago and I have only been to the Lake once in the last 5-years. Kids are growing up too fast and they want to camp at Buggs and partner with a local guide for stripers or crappie or maybe both. Will be coming in on Thursday (6-21-07) evening and leaving on Monday afternoon. Can anyone recommend one or two guides for us. I will have 3-kids ages 6,10,15 with me. Kids are respectful and pleasant to work with. Also thinking about Hibernia Campground. Suggestions welcome. Thanks Tim

Re: Need Local Guide and Campground Recommendation

Go to fishing info on the kerr lake message board, and go to the buggs island striper club website. Ramrods guide service will be on there. The fish have been biting pretty good between the dam and ivy hill the past few weeks. He can put you on them. Good luck and tight lines.

Shaky

Thanks for the information. I have contacted Ramrod and he is keeping us informed of the striper bite. Thanks Again.

I have never camped at Hibernia, but I am sure it is also nice. I camped at North Bend a couple weeks ago. I really enjoyed it, plus if you are striper fishing it will put you within very easy access to some quality fishing right now.

Jason