Return to Website

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I seen a horrible thing on the lake yesterday!

I was out at Occoneechee ramp yesterday pulling up my rig when I seen a man backing down a spankin' new Triton 21X2 DC with a 250 Mercury Verado. Man, what a bass assassin, high dollar! He backed her down and launched, put the life jackets on his two boys and pulled the trailer up to the lot. What a great thing, take a kid fishing! I'm getting ready to pull out of the lot and something catches my eye. This same man is walking down to that beautiful Triton carrying a huge blaze orange inner tube that says "Sea Biscuit" on it! Lord knows, I like to shat myself when I seen that! A man who I thought was perhaps a professional basser, or a great father at the least, bringing a dang inner tube on a high end bass boat! I gave him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he was heading back to the camp site, or the house, to drag them young’un's around with the pontoon, or the Four Winns. I was mad, as a true basser myself, I know the rules. No tubing or skiing behind the bass boat!! Truly bad bad luck. Plus, the kids can get really hurt by the 75 foot rooster tail! Its a matter of safety, and ethics. It just ain't done. My curiosity was peaked, I parked my rig and walked down to maybe hear the ferocious roar of that sweet Verado as he headed to home base at 70 mph. Not 10 yards outside the no wake buoys I seen him tie up that tube, hook the rope to the back and drop them two boys square center into the inflated contraption. Next thing I know he’s done took off and is turning figure 8’s, making all sorts of ruckus and waves, them kids screaming like it was Christmas morning. When I realized what I was witnessing, I think my heart of hearts sank to my unmentionables, which also had shrunk two sizes at this travesty. A Triton 21X2 DC pullin’ two boys on an inner tube, just about an hour before dusk, prime bassin’ time, not a pole to be seen on the boat, tachometer never reaching 3000 RPM, no rooster tale, and not one person’s shirt had a patch on it. I dunno, I think I may just have to start seeing someone about this. Getting my feelings out here is just a start. What’s the world coming to nowadays? Next thing you know, I’ll see someone fishing a Ranger Z22 Comanche anchored up using live bait. Lord help me!

Re: I seen a horrible thing on the lake yesterday!

GUILTY as charged myself. Less horsepower and a little less expensive boat, but that tube ride is still as exciting today, to my many grandchildren, as it was two years ago.

Spread the joy and excitement, tie on the tube or bait the hook. KIDS, you gotta lov'em!

my fully grown son is after me to drag him around the lake on one of those high performance tube thingies. ALl I know is I am not buying the tube thingie and I am not buying the gas for that outing. now if the daughter in law wants to get on there and I can get away with drowning her?????????????????????

I am not going to defend the man with the overpriced bass boat but did you ever stop and think maybe he had to take the kids out and ride them on that tube thing so he would have the chance to fish the next morning at first light without having to listen to alot of chin music from his other half. Sometimes we have to give a little to get a little.

When my Grandaughter wants to ride the horse,I take her.If she wants to ride the fourwheeler,I take her. If she wants me to hook a tube behind my Ranger,I would gladly do it just to she her face while she is on it. To each his own,but if you don't enjoy that then something is wrong with you.

I know that when I have grandkids that towing them will be something I look forward to

Got a question about a comment. If the triton is throwing a rooster tail 40 ft. in the air I doubt he's hitting 70 cause he's blowing all his power up in the air. Nother question, You got kids?? Maybe thats the only boat the fella has , You aint ever taken the wife or kids out find a quiet little cove anchor down , bait up some worms/minnoiws under a bobber and let'em have fun ???? Now don't get me wrong, I am a bass fisherman myself. But also try to have fun with the family. Is it really such a terrible thing to see a man out having fun with his kids, regaurdless if it's in a bass rig or a pontoon baoat ???? Lighten up dude.

As a Grandpa, I'd do anything for my grandkids. I've even done stupid things for them. I've made a fool out of myself just to see them smile. The older I get the younger I feel becasue they make me do things I normally wouldn't do. I'm sure that man didn't buy that boat to tow a tube but it was all he had to that day to put smiles on those kids faces. Good for him!

PLEASE !!

its all about havin fun, y'all! don't got any kids, so i don't have any grankids....but i take my neice an nephew out to have a good time...hope they 'member it as the good time i 'member. (one likes to fish an one likes to ride (DRIVE).) i just enjoy their enjoyment.

I took your story for just what it was. Just a little sarcasm. No harm done. Bet ya got youngun's yourself. Crank up that jon boat and take'em for a ride. CC

38,000 acres of water and this dude has to complain about smiling kids interrupting his fishing.?This guy really has issues.He is right about one thing though,his words "i think my heart of hearts sank to my unmentionables" which is a travesty in itself when he can't be happy seeing kids happy.

I myself have a high $ Triton and a beautiful 7 month old little girl and I cannot wait to pull her on anything she wants, of course my wife won't let me do that now, ha ha

I tried to get a guy in a bass boat to tow me across the lake one time but he would not. Put the message on this board and was told that you could not tow anything with a bass boat because it would burn the motor up. Is this true?

No it is not true. An outboard is an outboard,I don't care what kind of boat it is on. You will not burn it up,he just didn't want to take time to help you.All boaters are obligated to help anyone in need of a tow on the water.If they don't help you get his numbers and report him.

This happened few years ago while fishing at philpot lake. I heard a big splash and a lady screeming help,help,he can't swim! The pedestal seat on the bow of the man's boat had broke and he fell in the water. I immediately went to his aid and helped him from the water
I'm not telling this to get any praise because any decent person would have done the same. (I just happened to be there at the right time). If I come upon someone in need of assistance I will do whatever I can to help. Thank goodness there are a very few like the guy in the bass boat that would not give a tow,

Fishdoc you hit the nail on the head. nothing better than happy kids doing kid things and if you can make a decent kid happy that's great

FFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTT

why do you guys keep replying to this same guy posting this nonsense???

Same reason you did; because it's nonsense !!!

I have been known to pull my son on a tube behind my Champion as well. At one time I thought it was a sin to be on the lake and not fishing. I don't TX fish anymore just fish for fun. When we go to the lake to go fishing we leave the tube at home. When we go to the lake to play a little we take the tube. I give the man credit for taking his kids to play.

I would love to just be able to afford a high dollar bass boat, but at the same time I am happy with my Sea Ray. It has 190 HP I/O on it. More hp than most bass boats you see on the water. You don't pull a tube faster than 15 MPH anyways. I fish, joy ride, and tube with my family with this boat. If it was a 40K+ rig....I'd do the same. It's a boat!!!! Live hard and play harder!!!! Who cares what kind of boat it is.

I SAW some IMPROPER English.

"I took your story for just what it was. Just a little sarcasm. No harm done. Bet ya got youngun's yourself. Crank up that jon boat and take'em for a ride. CC"

Ding Ding Ding...we have a winner! Just some Friday humor.

I bet you have a old boat:)
Calm down dude, maybe you need a tub ride or some relaxing time just watching a bait hook.

I am a die hard basser and love to tow my kids and wife(just to hear her scream) around the lake.Now and then take them with some minnows and catch a few crappie for the table.Sounds like you missing out on the joys of kids and bass boats.

I used to be an avid bass fisherman myself but since kids (5 in all have come along) I replaced my bass boat with a larger open boat with center console so I can take them out to catch fish. This means catfish, crappie, and brim.

I would much rather teach my kids how to fish let them have success than to teach them how hard it is to fish for one species. Then let them make up thier mind at an older age if they want to limit thier fishing. I know for most bass fishermen changing the way I fish for my family is a sin but so what my family comes first over my desires and wants.

But you know what I too am having fun fishing and you know why it is still fishing and found I am have just as much fun if not more, there are more fish is on the table, because we all know how much of a cardinal sin it is to eat bass.

Funny story!!! The guy was just after a laugh and he got it from me!!! Quit taking everything so seriously ya'll.

It's a sin to eat bass??!!!! Someone forgot to tell my family that. If it is legal size, it goes home for the table!