Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
For fishdoc

hope you got the bearing problem fixed... still can't figure that one out. I'm carrying my daddy to Buggs on Saturday, he's feeling right good and wants to go. Do you think the areas we hit this past Sat. will still be holding fish or do you think I'd be better off trying something else. I want to make sure that he catches several and I really ain't too concerned about size or even species - just that he catches some. He's getting pretty frail so I ain't carrying him to catch catfish as I don't think he could handle them - hoping to get some perch or crappie. Do you think the three trees in beaverpond would still be holding some fish?

Re: For fishdoc

DRY2; I'm glad to see that you are taking Marvin fishing. I'm also glad to here that he is feeling good. He is a great guy and I hope he has a ball

if the water color hasn't changed a lot, they should still be on those places. i'm goin down bass fishin thurs/fri, i'll try to call ya fri nite.

Hi Mofish... Yeah I like to carry him out whenever he feels like going, and when mom will let him go. After the heart deal last year she has got a little protective of him and so we have to make sure that the weather ain't too hot,cold,wet,etc.
He's doing ok for 85 but has really gotten frail since the heart valve was replaced. I still remember soooo many great times that we've had together that UI always want there to be at least one more time. Hopefully we'll catch a bunch of something. He'll have a great time either way!

DRY2,
I saw you out there Sat Morning at the mouth of Irish creek. Started to stop and chat but I couldn't tell if you were trolling or just riding and watching the finder for fish, and I didn't want to disturb your fishing. I was in the OLD blue and white Ranger Sterndrive.

DRY2: How did it go with your dad saturday ???

To answer both of ya'll - Ya ought to have stopped!!! I always have time to talk - I also saw you last week when me and FISHDOC were putting in at Buffalo. You and him was swapping info while I parked the truck ... and Mofish - we had a great time. I've had times where i caught more but the smiles I saw on daddys face was worth it all. He doubled up on white perch one time and we caught a couple dozen crappie, probably that many white perch (or more) and a few bream. I was surprised that we didn't get any cats considering where we was fishing. The largest crappie was 1 lb 4 3/4 oz. and we had a couple of others that was pushing a pound. Daddy caught right many of the fish and I was hoping and praying the whole way down there that he would. We had one weird thing happen, we were catching fish steady - I had caught 4 nice crappie in as many casts, and daddy was catching perch everty minute or two - we had a school of shad come thru and they must have pulled everything off the hump. It was 1 hour and 40 minutes before we had another bite. We moved around awhile then got back into them - but never as steady as before the shad came thru. He stared showing that he was tiring out around 12:30 so we headed to the house. _ a great day.

Thats great DRY2. I'm glad he had a good time. You should take advantage of every moment you can spend with him.

Saw fella catch one on the bed last year in july on the james river, monacan park