Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Visiting

I will be visiting Buggs for the first time this weekend. I am from SML and just want to get away from the mass amounts of idiots driving crazy. Makes for hard fishing on weekends. I will be staying in Clarksville. Is the best place to lanch at the state park across the lake? Any help on where to start and good baits would be great. Will have the Mrs.with me and don't wish to get showed up. Thanks!

Re: Visiting

are you bass fishing or just fishing for whatever is biting?

Bass fishing for the most part. But just looking to have a good trip mainly. Would like to see my better half catch something. There all fish to her.

10.5" Black Grape Ol Monster worms with a 3/8 ounce bullet weight fished around ledges or humps will get you some bass. Hope this cold front does not mess them up. I am going to the James River is search of some smallies, so dont catch all the bass in Kerr before I get back!!!

Toby

Toby
If you put it at Monacan Park and go up river to the dam you'll find great smallie fishing. went a couple weeks ago a friend and i carolina rigged med. minnows and went through 14 dozen in 4 hrs. caught well over 100 fish most 14inches up to 4 1/2 -5 pounds.Bigger fish were closer to dam.

Thanks to all for the help. Hope you did well on the James Toby. Had a blast on buggs. Nothing at all like home. Went up frome Clarksvill bridge in the AM and used a carolina ring in 15' to 20' off of rocky points. Did well. Most (LB's)were between 2 and 3 pounds. The Mrs. landed her biggest ever at 2.5lbs. Great time. The wild part is later when I went down trought the Dog Leg and hooked up with a 12.5lb 39" Garr. Had never even seen one. Fun fight, and largest fish I have ever landed. Thanks again and can't wait to return.