Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lake Map Question

First off, I would like to say how nice it is to get on this site and not have to weed through all of the bull that has been so prevalent lately. My thanks to the administrator.
Now for my question: I have a Fishing Hot Spots Inc. map of Kerr Lake and cannot find any information on the lake elevation at the shoreline shown. It is probably either 300' (normal pool as I understand it) or 320'. Obviously 20' can make alot of difference.
I have had a place on the lake (Mill Creek, down from Satterwhite for almost a year) and have gotten to know this this area pretty well. It appears that 320' might be the right answer but wanted to see if anyone knows for sure.
Thanx,
Chappie

Re: Lake Map Question

Hey Chappie: Long time no hear, no see. It is nice huh? Went to Grassy yesterday. Caught my usual. 33 if I counted correctly. Only 6 made the live well and I could not get my partner on the phone so I released. His t/m went out and had to be replaced, but he is back in business. I do not know your answer. Come see us, Smiles, G

CHAPPIE,

NORMAL POOL IS 300'. AT 320', THEY JUST MIGHT OPEN THE TOP OF THE DAM.
SETTER

The way I understand it is that the top of the dam is 332' and the top of the crest gates is 320'. The historical data available on line indicates that there have been numerous times that the lake elevation has come close to 320'. (Which is full pool)
Please correct me if i am wrong.
Chappie

As a old map printer the normal pool is 300' above sea level. Maximum is 320' ASl Dam (Flood Gates)have only been opened once that I can rember due to level going to 319'. This was in the 80's if my memory is correct. Gates have been opened for test purposes on other occasions. If anyone has more on this I am interested too. The lake maps show normal pool level as the shoreline.

Yes I think it was like '89 when this happened.

Old Pressman,
I guessed that the shoreline elev. was 300. Thanx for confirming.

Based on the many posts concerning lake maps, does anyone have any input on which map is the most accurate? I have found inaccuracies in the FHS folding map that I have.
Thanx
Chappie