Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stripers in Nutbush

We saw a lot of boats driftting and trolling between bouy G and J. Has anyone marked any stripers in the area?

I know when they return from the river and the water is high enough stripers seem to like Nutbush.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Stripers in Nutbush

Lots of conversation among the trolling crowd this weekend that Satterwhite Point had been producing stripers over the past week or two.

Figures, I launched from Flemington and ran out to troll Striper City that day. Guess they are scattered throughout the lake now.

I think they are going to get more scattered and I also think that they will be moving down towards the dam, deep cooler water. the wife and i did well last night near Ivy Hill. catching in thirty to forty feet over 60 foot bottom depth

we'll be headed out again on Tuesday, early morning trip this time. I will let you know how we do. too much decking work to get done to go out often

We caught a few stripers around Eastland Fri. & Sat. I saw several breaking on top Friday night. Caught 4 stripers around 3-5 Lbs and 5 LMB in the school also.

Coming down Thursday & Friday; Can anyone report around Little Nutbush mouth or around the area?

Thanks!

we went out very early this morning but not early enough to get any bait. we were in the water at 5:30 and couldn't gety a net around any shad. The funny thing is when we were loading the baot up at 12:00 the shad were all over the shallows at the ramp. so we ended up dragging articials all around the lake for hours and came up empty. PIlot Mike have you tried any topwater into the schools of surfacing Stripers?

we went out very early this morning but not early enough to get any bait. we were in the water at 5:30 and couldn't get a net around any shad. The funny thing is when we were loading the boat up at 12:00 the shad were all over the shallows at the ramp. so we ended up dragging articials all around the lake for hours and came up empty. Pilot Mike have you tried any topwater into the schools of surfacing Stripers?

Did you catch any stripers yesterday?

Should I start around the Dam, up Nutbush, Ivey Hill or up river?

Thanks!