Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jet Ski

Hey everyone! I wanted to know if any one knew of a good repair person for a jet ski. Hopefully in the lake area. Thanks

Re: Jet Ski

Jet Ski?? Take it to the local junk yard and they'll crush it for ya. May even give ya a couple buck for it.

sorry but i hope you can,t fix it.I have had bad experience with jetskis ridden by other people and again sorry just my opinion

I think you are going to find that most of the folks are anti jet ski due to the way that "most" jet ski riders operate their craft. I know of a few folks who keep large lead weights on hand to throw at jet ski's that get too close etc................

Yeah, I had a bad experience with a couple jet skiers this past weekend. I was fishing a a fairly narrow creek and two jet skiers (man & women) keep running within 15 yards of my boat. I don't know if they were intentionally being rude or if they just didn't know any better, but these folks were running up and down the creek I was fishing(at least 15-20 times). To make matters worse, they were both attempting to jump each others wake. I couldn't even stand on the trolling motor (had to sit). Goes without saying, my blood pressure went through the the ceiling.

Not to take sides as I don't own a jet ski, but for every rude jet sier out there, there is a rude or reckless fisherman as well. We all have a right to enjoy the water and must be respectful of each other's pursuits.

Just simple common sense and courtesy. For example some of the things I see that irk me

There is no reason to speed by a guy standing in his fishing boat

Also no reason for a bass boat to travel around curves at 60 mph on a busy lake

There is no need to fly by a guy who is trying to swim in the water or tube with his kids

At the same time, it is irresponsible to drag one's kids and tubes through a highly traveled area of the lake where they can be run over.

IT also burns me when i see boats stopped with people outside in an are that is obviously a well traveled channel when they should be off in a cove that is less protected.

Again, not trying to defend the jet skiers, however I don't htink we shold paint them all with the same broad brush. There are plenty of jackasses of all types on the lake, even some fishermen

Well said crappy fisherman !! I don't own a jet ski either but I do respect there right to be on the water.We all need to respect each others space.
If I remember correctly deputy dog is a fisherman also and I would think he or she has respect for both.
Good luck on getting your jet ski repaired deputy dog!!!

i have a 93 bass tracker with a 60 on it and i have had people seem to get ***** if i go by them at full speed i stay as far away from them as i can but in my opinion the wake is less at full speed than if u slow down just wanted to see what everybody else thinks

Oh yea jet ski bassboats favorite target,I use to try and give them room until they started harrassing me on the lake by getting to close while I was fishing,cutting across my bow while I was running,jumping my wake etc. etc.Hell I have seen them off Cape Lookout miles off shore you cant get away from them or the disrespectful folks who operate them.You see small children on them and I know theres a legal age limit to operate the things.