Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kerr two day trip report

Had a great 2 day trip to Kerr fishing out of grassy and ot of occoneechee. We did very well on crankbaits early Sun, but no topwater bite. Caught two on crankbaits before 7 am on riprap. We moved to a ledge/bluff pattern in late morning for several more keepers. Came in for lunch and nap, then back out at 4:30pm. Really great evening bite with many keepers - better fish in the evening on the same ledges/bluffs we had fished earlier, and then some in 2 ft of water on topwater. Best bite of the day came right at dusk on Pop-R when two 3 lb class bass competed for the lure. The one who won (lost?) completely engulfed the Pop-R, which had virtually disappeared. My heart is still racing.

Today was tougher, but caught keepers on topwater until 10 am! Partner thought I was crazy to throw topwater at 10 am, but caught a nice one in shallow water. Did poorly on any deeper patterns today for some reason.

Re: Kerr two day trip report

Great report! comin down soon to try my luck on'em. bout how deep were they hitin the cranks? and is that what ya used on the ledge/bluff pattern? did they take the pop-r on a fast or slow retrieve? thanx! FD

I used a shallow crank around riprap and a finesse worm on the ledge. I use an "aggravating" style for pop-rs usually, and work them pretty hard.

saw your report this morning and will be heading to Buggs tomorrow for 3 days. If you donn't mind what area of the lake were you fishing ledges/bluffs...thanks