Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ATTH CATFISHERMAN !!!!!!!

My friend went fishing last night and he cought one fish this morning but it was filled with these bumps like zites. Has anyone else seen this? We need to Know thanks 1bigblue

Re: ATTH CATFISHERMAN !!!!!!!

if you guys still have the fish you may want to get ahold of fish and game and let them examine it. I had heard that there have been majort fish kills on the james and a few other rivers in the state

Where were the bumps located, how big were they, and were they a different color from the fish's skin. If they were black or yellow, or some other color, then they were probably a parasitic reaction, if they were the same color as the cats skin and just looked like bumps protruding then it is more serious and it is an internal disfunction. Next time you catch on tell it to try clearasil, i heard the it clears zits like no tomorrow.

We were striper fishing in the Clarksville area last Wednesday and we caught a catfish with what looked like little blisters on it. We had never seen this before.

http://msucares.com/aquaculture/catfish/disease.html
You may want to go to the above site then you can advise us as to what is going on. Hope this helps.