Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
topwater

whats the best topwater on kerr for bass. pop r spook buzzbait prop wake ????

Re: topwater

i like the spook and the pop r just like the action and kinda of a lazy and aggressive presentation

Depends on what the fish want that day. Some days they will eat up the buzz bait. Some days I use the Pop R and do the pop pop wait to get them to bite.

Depends on where you're fishing and the weather. I typically use a Sammy or Pop-R when there is very little to no wind and water visibility is excellent. If it's fairly windy, I'll use the heavier Spook or a Mag Pop-R. The buzzbait becomes an excellent choice when fishing portions of the lake that are stained and/or when the water is up in the bushes.

anyone use frogs???

The best top water for both type of bass is the small pop r... I have cought a few on the org minnow its a good top water lure... Both sizes of the 6" and the small 3" are awsome... when the stripers are feeding to top hit them with the lil pop r and lil minnow.. White purch will be with them I cought 2 citations in one day they were with the strippers... Now the larger stripers are under the smaller ones in 10 to 15"