Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just spent a (hot!) week at Kerr!!--

My wife, the dog,and i just got home from a week at kerr lake.We were fishing for bass. Stayed at the Best Western on the lake in clarksville. First let me say that we enjoyed the area and the beauty of the lake. Fished mon eve, tues am and eve,wed am and eve,thur am and eve,and fri am and eve.As you all know it was H!O!T! Caught a few on a buzzbait and a spbt from 5:30 till 9:00. No more than 7 any morning :o(( Tried c-rigs, crank's, skippin plastic under docks,and jigs on any laydowns.
Ended up catching what few fish i did catch , during the post 9:00am period, on a shaky hedg jig & zoom green pumpkin trick worm(painted the tail chart).Struggled all week to catch numbers or size. Best was 18 1/2. Fished Bluestone,mill creek, island creek,panhandle creek, area of clydes island,grassy creek, and the pts & cuts from grassy up to clarksville on both sides of the lake. Anyone with any sugesstions or input as to what or where i might have improved my catch would be greatly appreciated.
Anyone do well during this time peroid? Is the weather usualy hot the first part of june? A number of the fish i caught where "white" and had thin bellys.

Thanks,Terry