Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
White Catfish

I was recently fishing at county line this past week. i understand there are different catfish in the lake but I caught a white catfish. what is the significance of this and why doesn't anyone know about them. Mine was 3lbs and 8 oz apparently the record is 4.1lbs. can anyone tell me about this fish? Understand ths is not an ALBINO CAT. most people think this when you say white.

Re: White Catfish

I see the White Cat confused with Bullheads quite often. I have caught way more Whites than Bulls below Danville,above different story. No whites but abundant Bulls mainly Yellow Bullheads and some Brown Bullheads. But very few Whites. I can not recall catching a Bullhead below Danville since the 80's. With the size bait I fish with it would be rare to catch either species. But have had both species hit medium size bream mainly on other bodies of water. The cast net is usually the catcher not the hook but do get a White time to time on the hook at Buggs. They look like a Bullhead
Channel hybrid to me. Hyco Lake is full of White Cats,so is Jordan lake. The N.C. record White Cat is 13lb don't know the V.A. record. There is also albino Channel and Blue Cats I have never caught either but have seen both but not from Buggs? Hope this helps?

is a white cat the smae as a channel cat

Crappy Fisherman, No, White's and Channel's are a lot different.