Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kerr Lake

Fished Kerr today along with a bunch of other people. Lake was busy with 5 different tournaments i knew of. I caught fish pretty good early on mid-lake points then the rest of the day it harder as it got later. We caught 16 bass with 8 being keepers. No big fish as the biggest we caught was only about 16-17 inches. Our best five were about 9lbs. Could find the bait fish only on about 3 points in the morning. That's where most our fish came from.

Re: Kerr Lake

lake was very busy today, you are right. danny joes had 48 pro teams and 30 am teams out of hibernia. top weights were 21.09 lbs (8 fish) pro and ~18 lbs (8 fish) am. big was around 5.9 lbs (pro). we couldnt find the big boys as the wind was directly opposite of prefishing time. overall, not to hard to come by fish, but extremely difficult to find the nice ones. we lost the ones that mattered and ended up with a small stringer of 10.33 lbs (7 fish). for some reason, many many of the fish brought in were dead or dying...must have been very stressful for the fish, but there were lots of 7 and 8 fish stringers. one actually had 7 fish, 6 dead. one of only a handful of downsides to a hot day of crowded fishing. pretty rough on the main lake at times as well. tight lines ;)

FOM had 48 teams out of Satterwhite. I had some friends win with 14.93 (five fish) with big fish of 4.91. Same pattern as everyone else (topwater early than caught the rest around rock). I think alot of the dead fish were carolina rig fish.

My partner and I fished TBF on Saturday and finished fifth, I think, with 13.50lbs -we would have finished second, but my arm wasn't long enough to get our kicker in the net fast enough before she came unbuttoned -yeah, I know: that's why the call it fishing, not catching.

We caught our fish throughout the day. We must have caught about 25 fish to get our best 8.

Thanks,

Jeff