Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
noodles

Guys, I have a question for you. I have been getting my materials together to make my noodles. I would like to know the best way to cut them so the ends are flat. I was thinking about my filet knife but thought best to ask someone who has made them. Thanks for any info.

Bo

Re: noodles

I found a larg noodle in Wal-mart and cut it into five peices with a fillet knife. I then took regular string and ran it through the middle twice and tied a swivel on the end of it and glued it to the knot for extra strength. I tie my lines to the swivel and when a fish hits it stands the noodle straight up because my swivel is on one end. That away I can detect a fish even from a distance.

Re: Re: noodles

So, other than the pvc pipe in the middle you use no caps, eyescrews or ballast in your noodles. A friend of mine made his like that but I have yet to see it work. But, I will take your word for it. Also, what pound test line do you use with the noodle? Also, how much weight do you use? Inquiring minds you know are how we learn. Thanks for the reply.

Bo

bo I have some with the pvc pipe in the middle not that good. The best way is to cut a clothes hanger at the hook then fold it in half slide it through the noodle then fold the ends over so they can't pull the hanger through be sure you slide a swivel on the hanger first then use 50lb test or nylon string for the rest of the rig.let me know how it works for you it's been the best way,and cheepest way for me good luck 1bigblue

Just go to Wal-Mart and get them.....they are in a 16oz. box and are made by Muellers.....on the shelf with all the other pasta......cooks in about 10-12 minutes

Thanks for the great information. I'm just getting in to the catfishing. I've heard about fishing with Noodles, but never tried this. Is this legal in Kerr Lake? How many lines can you have out?

Guys thanks for the info. I tried it yesterday evening for a little while. I landed two but had three break off. I was using way to light a leader.
Going today to get some heavy line. As for the pasta section theres always a comedian in the crowd!! Ha!!!! Let me know if you do mainly deep water, shallow water or both. Also, is there an efficient way to have a noodle that will work in all depth situations. In other words, is there some way to adjust the line without redoing the whole line?
Just asking the catfish pros. Tight noodles!
I guess you can fish as many as you can control. Just be sure your name and tele number are on them.

Bo

I use at least 25 lb test. You have to grab the noodles with a light hand at that. If he is not ready to give up you will break them off if you force the issue. If you give him time to wear it's self out just like you were doing it if you had a reel, you will do fine.

use nylon thats the **** they aren't going nowhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!! trust me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1bigblue

me and my 2 young boys made about 10 noodles last year we cut the noodles into 4 equal pieces and cut 1 inch wooden dowels to the same length as the noodles put a little gorilla glue on the dowel and slid it in the noodle we then drilled a small pilot hole in the end of the dowel and screwed a small eye screw in the end of the dowel. tie your line to the eye screw. we used 50lb test on ours with a smaller lb test about 12" at the bottom with a circle hook.walmart has every thing you need to make them this way. the boys love these noodle and take them every where we fish.

Thanks for the info mm. I made mine with some left over pvc pipe and fittings. I had enough to make 18 of them. 12 of them are the large noodles and 6 are the smaller ones. They work great though. Good luck with the kids fishing. My boy will be 26 in a few weeks. We cherish each time we get on the water or in the woods. Tight lines.

Bo