Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
i found the lime green corks

i found them at buggs island bait and tackle just like some of you replied...thanks guy s for helping ....i really like the lime green for fishing at night. you can see them better...as for the brim i use are hand size, with 9/0 eagle claw circle hooks and steel leaders and 3 oz weights....ive had so good luck with 20s and 30 pounds.....thanks again guys

Re: i found the lime green corks

the first time i ever used this type rig was 6 years ago , my brother inlaw at the time was going cat fishing and ask me to go , on way to clarks pool we stopped at westons store got a dozen gold fish annd he tolded me to get some big ass hooks and corks so i did (along with a case of beer) i figuered these big gold fish would be pullin boat around and didnt have much fate in them...well a hour later and 12 beers we had caught a 8 pounder 12 , and a 20.. beer was good and fishing was better...as we where drifting these odd looking corks i metioned to bro inlaw that my cork was getting closer to the boat he laughed said youre drunk....10 mins later cork was under boat and i was having the fight of my life ...as he leaned over boat to lip this catch of mine he jumped back and yell that thing aint coming in my boat hell noooo and cut my line..turns out it was a 6 foot long gar...i laughed and teased him all the way home that nite from the look on his face as he leaned out boat with gloves on and the expression on his face was priceless..been hooked since.........

Yea the gar do like them float riggs. To bad we don't like them gar. But the cat's seem to like mingling with them toothy critters. Enjoyed your tell.

seen them at Bobcats dont know if he still have them have not been there in a couple of weeks

Man, wish I lived closer to that place, I got a gift certificate for the bank tournament I won on the Kerr Lake side of Kerr dam a couple years ago, never been able to get up that way though, we can barely make it to Kerr Dam.