Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
fishing next week

Hi everyone I will be coming to Buggs next week for a family camping trip. We will be staying at Hibernia was wondering if anybody could give me some pointers on where to fish will be fishing for bass,crappie and catfish. Will be fishing from a boat. Just need general idea as to what the fish are doing.I always catch and release I would just like for my family to enjoy a week at the lake. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Cory

Re: fishing next week

As of last weekend. Bass - topwater 5:30 AM till 7 or so. Spinner bait, crank bait, carolina and texas rig later in day on points and rocks and cover. Crappie 10 foot deep on stumps and brush. Smaller crappie on shallow cover. Some white bass and largemouth schooling on points, use top water and little george. Fish from half way back in the creeks to main channel and in main channel.

Thanks ru I need all the help I can get. If I can ever help you out with anything just holler. I mainly fish lakes in the piedmont of norht carolina. I appreciate the quick response. Have a great day.

ru shoulda told ya to first run 25 miles up the lake from hibernia. then apply his good advice.

Fisgdoc
Good to see you out there. Can't give away all my spots. You and CC and all the locals know them already. You were leaving one of my favorite summer rock piles when I saw you about 5PM on Saturday. How did the white perch fishing go? I'v never fished for them but do catch some on small spoons in with the white bass and crappie. Good eating fish.