Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Green Fish Lights on Clarksville Bridge

Have any of you guys fished under the Clarksville Bridge at night while the Green Fish attracting lights are on? Do they work?

Thank you kindly for your response........

Re: Green Fish Lights on Clarksville Bridge

I have heard that if the lights are working that they do work

What is the best bait to use at night under the bridge?

wouln't waste my time fishing it,but it's great for catching bait 1bigblue

if you are after Crappie I would use medium minnows and a slip sinker. once you figure out what deth they are at you should be reeling them in one after the other

agian BAIT 1bigblue

My son and I fished the Clarksville Bridge Saturday the 9th. We caught 9 Blues over 8lbs and about 10 @ 5 lbs. We went looking for Stripers down around Butchers Creek but found no takers that is when we went back and fished the Bridge.....

We loaded the bait tank down at 5:30 am....I am new at this we caught lots of shad around the pump house also a longer bait fish @ 6-8 inches long.
What are these?
These seemed to be the bait of choice for the larger blues.
Also what causes the nostrils and underbelly of the shad to turn blood red????????? Did I have to much rock salt in the bait tank....
Thanks for you help guys My son said that he had the most fun Saturday fishing he has ever had in his life,
Lord knows this day and time I want to do anything I can to keep him busy and away from the wrong influences.
Thanks and God Bless.
Bait Bucket

to many in tank,water to warm? to many factors to list,keep bait cool and find some fish.I have 4 boys and there is nothing like having a kid land a 30lb fish 1bigblue

there are a lot of things that it could be. do you have a filter and aerator in your tank. You have got to keep that water clean with shad in it. if the water starts to smell like ammonia you may have to clean your pump filter

RETNAVYENCM

I just bought a new 21 center console it has a 33 gal oval tank behind the leaning post......it exchanges the water so I shut that down and fill it with well water. I add rocksalt a small amount and I bought a Keep Alive 1100 that creates a current and has 2 large filters.....

We drop the bait we cast net into a 5 gal buket to shed it's scales and poop then move the to the bait tank.....
I have been floating solid frozen bottle water to maintain a consistent temp @75 degrees in the tank even added a little coffee mate to get rid of the foam...

DO YOU USE A SHAD KEEPER???????????

THANKS FROM A DISABLED VET..
BAIT BUCKET

I am a disabled vet with a new 21 foot boat also!!! small world isn't it? It sounds like you are doing what you need to to keep your bait alive but are you aerating your water? I plan on buying the creekbank aerator pump that they developed for built in bait tanks like yours and mine. I often wonder what would really happen if I just exchanged the water often like my tank is designed to run. I figure if live bait gets too tricky I can use artificials or just buy large shiners. what Kind of boat did you buy? I went and got a Polar 2110 Bay. The wife and I are dragging my dad out on the lake tomorrow evening to try and get a striper or two for him

RETNAVYENCM

It's a MayCraft w/ 150 yamaha 4 stroke....The guy that own the Boat Dealership is a friend of mine and and it close to my car lot.

The Keep alive system aerates the water with micro bubbles....and creates a current in the tank.

I tried exchanging the water it does not work....

I hired RamRod Hall to go with me out @ the 3rd time to give pointers on Striper fishing the weather was bad in March when we went.....the only one I have caught has been with a cast net getting shad.....Still looking forward to catching one....
I guess pulling 4 free lines and 8 down rod's and 4 planer boards I might foul hook one...one of these days.

We used shiners the first 5 times out and then started using shad and it has made a huge difference in the results we have......We at least catch something now.....had several Skunk trips...
Thanks for your help....Look forward to your advice.

The Bucket