Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
anglers

does anyone know if there is a bass fishing club for us ladies of the lake? I would rather fish then eat!!

Re: anglers

I will second that!! I'm curious to know also, if not, I think it would be great to get something started........show the "boys" that we can play too (and like it as much as they do). Have you ever fished any tournaments with your husband/boyfriend? Im on here all the time reading up and trying to learn what I can...drop me an e-mail. If nothing else another female to talk fish with.

If I was single and saw a lady fishing on the lake? I would surely ask her out and invite her to go fishing. Woman and fishing, It's a beutiful thing!

Anglerman

hahaha, you got that right Anglerman!

I read in outdoor life years ago that women who fish have the potential to out fish guys any day due to thier sensitivity to touch, i.e. a fish lightly hitting a lure or bait.

Well if the Bass Clubs down that way arent chauvenist they would either let the women join and fish or have a womens division in their clubs just for the girls,I would love to see more women out fishing its cool to watch them fish they either spaz out when they catch one or have the patience of Jobe when fishing,whole new prospective when you fish with women a lot of different subjects get brought up you usually dont talk about with your regular fishing buddy.

Mine is a confidence thing, I have fished tournaments with a small club for about 5 yrs...There is so much to learn!! I don't feel confident enough yet to say I actually know what I am doing (I don't think that someone else - another man - would want to put up with my bait castin skills/lack of The birds and squirrels don't seem interested in my lure selection most the time either?) But I sure do love it!! I'd much rather shop at BPS than the mall ANY day! There is nothing more exciting than getting on the water at 5 am waiting for "safe light" -- the anticipation of what you might get is almost too much. For any guy out there who has a wife/girlfriend who complains about thier fishing.....get em to fish a tournament with you!! I have yet to catch a "pig" (thats where the name comes in )But it will happen. Looking forward to taking a ride up to Smith Mtn tomorrow.....Elite series Tx.-- All the biggies gonna be there!

Listen if there are any ladies that want to go fishing please let me know and i will sure take you and your friends out for a great time on the water!

I am teaching my 6yr old grandaughter to fish now. She has already won two kid's tournaments and loveing every min of it.
Hope she will continue to love it for years to come !!!
to all the lady anglers out there

dinky,
my wife is the best fishing buddy i've ever had. great net gal too. Out catches me most of the time. bout yer casting, take that bait caster and tie on about a 1/4 to 3/8 ounce weight, press the release /thumb bar and adjust your spool controll til the weight will slowly peel the line off and the spool stops when the weight hits the groung. Now get out in your yard and cast away, practice makes perfect ( not really but it helps ) I have alos noticed that when casting focus on where you want the lure to go.

Yep, Yep!! My husband set me up with my first baitcaster and had me stand in the bed of the truck (to try to be like standing in a boat) and practice "pitching" to a large coffee can......I still have a real issue with my aim! But I am still learning. Practice, practice, practice.
Mofish -- I think its great that you have your grand daughter fishing tournaments! I wish someone would've started with me sooner.

Hey everyone, thank you so much for all the support!!
dinky??? do you live at the lake?? Sounds like we could get into alot of stuff!! lol lol Thanks guys for all the invites! But I better practice some more.
and yes us ladies do have a better feel when one strikes. I would just rather fish than eat! Comeon Dinky lets get soem ladies together and start something up, I would love to give the guys a run for their money!!