Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wireless access in Buggs town

Pleasant greetings to all. I plan to visit and wonder if wireless internet access is available.

Thank you kindly for your responses,

Mike

Re: Wireless access in Buggs town

Best Western and Subway are hot-spots, that is all that I know of.

Toby

Ditto. My wife and I stayed at the Lake Motel efficiency back in April this year. They have wireless as well. If memory doesn't fail, I think I was getting something like 1700-2000 kbps.

I will be pitching a tent and camping. I hope I may access from tent.

Is this possible?

Thanks again,

Mike

Mike,

Verizon has Broadband/National Access that works on the NC side around Satterwhite and Henderson Point. I would imagine if you are camping close to Clarksville that Verizon should work. I have a house close to Henderson Point and I get 3 out of five for signal strength,

Used Verizon wireless on laptop at Buffalo Park Camp Ground last year.

Guys and gals on laptops using wireless internet at CAMPGROUNDS! What is the world coming to!!!

I go fishing to get away from my computer. I see it all day at work, and then some at home.

Mike did you say your going to pitch a tent?

I am visiting with the inlaws. I know the names Kerr Dam and Buggs Town. I know I have a tent and a 2-layered mattress.

Yes I am pitching a tent. I am going to have a good time....

now why would you want a computer or laptop when your fishing/camping,enjoy your time away from the rat race.it will be waiting for you when you get back..
when you get on the lake or camping just look around you have the best web site or tv channel in the world.
JPritch has hit it right the head thats my opinion as well..