Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Two on a crank bait ?

I have been fishing for over 50 yrs and never had this happen before. It's probably not uncommon but a first for me. ( Two LM bass on the same crank bait at the same time. )
Just curious as to who or how many have had this happen before?

Re: Two on a crank bait ?

Twice. Chris

Happened to me the first time last summer. Throwing at school chasing shad. Both were around 1 1/2 - was pretty cool.

When lake Jordan 1st open for fishing it happen about every other cast. You could skip your bait and they would grab it in the air. Hang your bait over the side of the boat get a fish. When your reeled in a fish there would be a group of bass trying to get your bait out of the other fishes mouth. The only place its happen to me but its been 15 years or better since I've bass fished.

I've had it happen a few times on a crankbait.

Have you ever seen 2 LM stuck together? Seems both LM's were going after the same bait but one LM had a larger mouth so the smaller LM's head got stuck inside the larger LM's mouth. Most of the time they will die (seen 1 set dead) and saved another one by pulling them apart.
It's rather strange looking to hold up a pair of LM's and see tails at either end!!

i have had it happen once with smallmouth on a spitn image on the james

Had it happen about a month ago. Two 12 inch bass on a rattle trap. Funny thing is could not catch another bass on this point. Two on one cast and then no more. Had it happen maybe 20 years ago before I got a house at buggs.

I caught two of my fingers last summer,lucky for me they were both on Have not had the two fish thing YET!

Big Jon; I caught my daughter in the top of her head with a devils horse when she was about 8 yrs old. Needless to say it scared the life out of me and her.
It sure taught me to be cautious when casting!!!!

""devils horse"" Another rockin' old bait!! The plastic ones sux but the old wood ones are great top water baits!
My fishin' partner laughed at me when I pulled that lurer out during a tournament. 10 minutes later, he wasn't laughing any more when I pulled a 6.5 lb in for big bass of the day.
I used it along the outside of weed beds in the early morning.

I have cought some nice bass on the devils horse. I always keep at least one in the tackle box.
Come to think of it, I need to get a new one. The last one I had is in a LM bass's mouth somewhere in the pond

MOFISH, OUCH!!!!! Back in the early 80's when the kinky perms were in I did manage to hang my buddy in the head with a rebel on the Staunton. He just looked up and said "OK Lord, I'll go to Cuba!" We still laugh about that!