Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Meherrin Open Result-June 2 Buggs

22 Boats- 1st Place/ Jimmy & Darryl Foster 15.27lbs, 2nd Place/ Joey Davis & Randy Carr 14.87lbs, 3rd Place/A.C. Pegram & Brian Mozingo 12.24lbs, 4th Place/Donnie Fuller & Kenny Allen 11.61lbs, 5th Place/ Bubba Gay & Robert Coletrane 11.36lbs. 1st Place Team had big fish that weighed 5.07lbs. Out of 22 boats, 18 weighed in 5 fish limits. Thanks to everyone that came out.

Re: Meherrin Open Result-June 2 Buggs

wish id gotten in this one.

Yeah. First place team took home over $600. Not a bad days haul with just 22 boats. Wish I would've had more boats so I could have paid out more.

did yall have a lie detector test for that first place team. not saying they cheated but they have been know to cheat in the past. i've seen them at hyco in the past going out at dusk the night before a tourney to do a little trapping.

i doubt they cheated to get 15 lbs, that weight is reasonable, it wasnt too hard to get into the mid-teens saturday, obviously, i did it. now if they'd had 22 lbs or some ridiculously high weight in comparison to the field then you'd have a case methinks.

All I can say about the first place team is that they have fished two of my open tournaments and I have no reason to even suspect them of cheating. I know this is an open forum website and you can say what you want pretty much but these guys spent a day on the lake just like the other 21 boats and weighed in a sack that was not unreal in size compared to the other weights. I know for myself, there have been plenty of bass fisherman (myself included) that have been on the lake the evening or day before a tournament. Does that make us all cheaters?

Honestfisherman- You say that the first place team has been known to cheat in the past. If you have proof or facts to support your statement, I would be glad to hear or see them. If not and you are just someone trying to start something, I ask you kindly to refrain from responding to my post with negative comments about participants of the tournaments that Meherrin Bassmaster's sponsor. Thank you!

WELL SAID JERRY, I AGREE 110%

TIM B.

I just think that fair is fair!!!!

anymore of these open tournaments on buggs this summer? Sounds like a good one.

The next two are on the Old Lake (Roanoke Rapids Lake) and the Nottaway River. The Classic will be at Gaston Lake, must fish at least two to fish the Classic.

You can always fish the Roanoke Rapids Lake. The fishing should be right by then for that lake. Then you can fish the Nottoway River in Sept and still qualify for the Classic in Oct on Gaston. I might even throw another one in there on Gaston or Nottoway. Looks like right now, the Classic will payback over $1000 first place.