Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HOOKED FOR LIFE

I took my 6 yr old grandaughter to a kid's fishing tournament at lake reidsville yesterday. This is the 2nd tournament I have taken her to in the last 3 wks.
The first tournament she cought the largest fish of the day and won a trophy. Yesterday she cought the largest fish for her age group and won a nice rod & reel combo & a tackle box.
The expression of joy and excitement on her face was worth a million. I have to admit that I had to wipe the tears from my eyes. It was great and I think I have a fishing partner for life.
Take a kid fishing, you won't regret it ant it will be time well spent.

Re: HOOKED FOR LIFE

Thanks for sharing Mo! That is indeed what it's all about!

with all my kids grown and gone I am looking for kids to hijack and take fishing!

I know how your feel. Yesterday they had a youth fishing day at the Camp Lejeune Marine Base in Jacksonville. I took my 4 year old granddaughter and she caught 5 bluegill and two small bass using crickets. It was the greatest feeling, watching the fun she had catching those fish. I had more fun than she did, I think. Grand kids are just AWESOME!

I used to try and take my grand daughters but time and distance seemed to get in the way. I was able to take my grandson from my youngest son some to get the joy you spoke about. After my cancer bout I retitred and could not wait for time to spend and the fishing trips. Grand parents live a mith at this point in life. Then comes music lessons, cheer leading all forms of ball sports and they are gone. My oldest grand daughter graduates from high school this Friday at noon. Where has time gone? Never miss an opertunity now matter how short the time to spend. Tight lines & smiles. G

Me and my 3 year old daughter were there also. She caught a few pumpkin seed and bluegill but not big enough to get in the top 3 for her age group. Brought back memories of my youth and fishing in them. I still have a news paper clip of myself in an old photo album with the other winners. Some kid caught a 19in bullhead Saturday and that's a true trophy for the species. Good event for the little ones and free! with drinks, food, rods, bait and good prizes all included.

Quint; Do you live in or near Reidsville ?

Yea MO I live in the ville. How about yourself?

Yep, lived in the big R for 18 yrs. Was raised in Eden-Draper. E-mail me sometime and we will go drown a worm.