Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Steel Bridge

Some of the best striper action at steel bridge has been around this time of year. Has anyone been fishing much up below the Kerr lake Dam. I usually fish from the big turn below the dam past the mouth of the creek at Buggs Island. Just any info would be appreciated. Thanks and have a good weekend.

Bo

Re: Steel Bridge

Bo, I read the LG site & recall stripers & plenty of blue cats are showing up there now, most of the stripers are below 20" though.

Crappie Crossing do you mean below 20 ft? Not sure but appreciate the reply. Thanks.

Bo

Bo, most of the stripers are less than 20 inches, mostly around 17-18" in length. Not sure of the depth they were caught in but the cats were caught under corks in about 3-4' of water using nightcrawlers. Hope to get down there sooon myself.

Bo, visit the www.fishlakegaston site & type in stripers & there are several reports, also a pic of an 18 lber caught near HG crk. Good luck

Re: Re: Steel Bridge

I appreciate that info. They are catching stripers on the low end of lake gaston and most of those fish are small as well. I have been several times and most are small. Thats a good sign though. Little ones turn into big ones. Again thanks for the info.

Bo

BASS FISHED FROM STEEL BRIDGE RAMP UP THE RIVER FOR ABOUT 2 MILES YESTERDAY. A SCHOOL OF STRIPERS SURFACED IN SEVERAL LOCATIONS ALONG THE NORTH BANK. WE CAUGHT 19,THROWING BANDIT 200'S IN A SHAD COLOR. STRIPERS WE CAUGHT WERE BETWEEN 15 AND 20 INCHES, SMALL BUT FUN TO CATCH. BASS FISHING WAS PITIFUL FOR US.
ABE

I know this is silly ,but where is the steel bridge?What part of buggs is at

Re: Re: Steel Bridge

Abe thanks for the info. I am catching small ones too so what the heck. I love that area between the landing and Kerr Dam. It reminds me of river fishing when the water is moving. By chance did any pop ups occur in front of the large creek on the north side?
Thats a good area as well as just above it where the
stumps are just under the surface. I think one of the hurricanes blew the trees over that marked that island. Its a good area. Danny the steel bridge is
right beside hwy 1. I think it is about 10 miles from Wise, NC. I am coming from the east. Let me know the direction you are coming from and I will give you directions.

Bo

danny, some more info on the steel bridge is it is below kerr dam in lake gaston, about 25 minutes from clarksville. go rt 58 east till you get to rt 1. take a right on rt 1 & the steeel bridge landing is about 5-6 miles.