new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
$80K Striper

I finally caught a Striper!
My first one in 15 years,I estimate the cost of this
6" fish to be @ $80K.....New boat....new Rods.....Eletronics.....New Dodge Diesel to pull the boat......How do you guys afford to fish for these?

I caught a 55 Dolphin in the Dominican Republic and he was no where as expensive as this 6" Striper.

Caught this guy with a cast net in a cove in Bluestone
loads of Shad.....I mean Loads.......
Had lots of bites under the RR Trussel....none in the boat.
The shad weren't too big....any advice??????

Re: $80K Striper

Boat:
B reak
O ut
A nother
T housand

That sounds about right. I caught my first on on Father's Day a few years ago, new boat, truck, and tackle. Trolled for miles and caught a keeper 100 yards from the ramp as I was leaving and contemplating selling all this new junk and taking up golf.

This reminded me of an incident that happen a few years ago at Hatteras Island. There were all these expensive FWD vechiles and rod and reels lined up the beach This young boy about 13 or 14 came over the dunes with and old beat up rod and reel where half the cork handle was missing and you could tell he had hand wound the eyelets on the rod. We were not catching much just a few small drum. He dug around in the sand and places some fiddler crabs on his hook and wades out into the surf up to his chest and cast.
He stands there in the surf up to his waist for about 15 minutes and hooks a fish. When he pulled in that 75 lb red drum we stood there with egg on our faces. I called it a day and loaded the boy and fish in the back of the truck and gave him a ride home.

Bait Bucket, sounds like you got by cheap to me!

Just goes to show the fish don't give a hoot that you have a $40,000 truck in the parking lot,they don't care if you got a exspenive boat floating on top of them.Learn how to fish before you try to impress others with your debt.Just call me teacher.

You're a dumb ass.

I talk about debt and look who responds,my good ole boy Carl.Have you caught any fish since you been fishing Carl?Maybe when you find out that you can't keep 20 shad in a minnow bucket you will have better luck.Dern boy.

Buggsman nasty reply.

Hey Buggsman, I'm sure at some point in your life you were probably a nice person (if in fact that matters to you). Some of us have to work for a living @60 hours a week. I have a Car Lot that takes up most of my time so I try to compile all the fishing advice I can before I venture out on the few days I get to go fishing. It seems to keep the Grand kids more interested when catching fish.
Oh, in leiu of the fact you made such a snide remark concerning the debt for the truck and the boat..... before you replied to my post did you consider that everyone on here does not live on the lake.....I realize since you do it belongs to you....Did they name the Island after you???????????????

A Carpenter form Israel in the past once said "ask and ye shall receive"...Maybe if you were a little more familiar with some of his sayings you might be a little more inclined to share with your fellow man what you know about all that Top Secret Fishing Information.
(Or was that what you were doing?)
Bait Bucket

Bucket,i just don't know what you are talking about.A man once said "I finally caught a striper!My first one in 15 years,i estimate the cost of this 6" fish to be @ 80K" end quote.In other words,learn to fish first.Not to hard to comprehend is it?If it were me and it took me that long to catch one,i'd hang the whole shabang up.But that's me.

Having just bought a new boat I need to get out and get the skunk off of it and I really hope it doesnt take 80K to get there, lol