Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
benefit tournament

kerr lake catfish asso will be having a benefit tournament june 30 for the family of carl weston at staunton view more details to follow at a later date. carl is a member of kerr lake catfish asso. he is also one of the sponsers of the showdown an a brother catfisherman. carl an his wife were in a near fatal car wreck sat please keep carl an his family in your prayers.

Re: benefit tournament

Glenn When you make up some flyers amail me one and I will help post them around South Boston

Stumpjumper!
I'll help you guys with the weigh-in if you want. I just got the word about Carl and his wife. Let me know what you need.

GLEN , WE NEED MORE PEOPLE TO DONATE PRIZES OR MONEY , IT WILL A PRIZE AVENT ONLY , ALL DONATIONS AND PROCEEDS WILL GO TO CARL AND HIS FAMILY , MOBY WE WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO BE THE WEIGH MASTER , THANKS
WATERBOY MIKE

Glenn,
If you make up flyers email them to me also, and i'll make copies amd post them around Roxboro.
Mike

just to let everyone know the benefit tournament is off to a good start an thanks for everyones help an support for the weston family. if anyone would like to become a sponser for this event cast me a email.

I own bestfishingstoreonthenet.com so I will donate 2 NEW rods South Bend med action 6 1/2 ft. Just let me know where to send them or I can leave them at BIBT.
Hope this helps.

Will DO!
This one hit us in the gut! We all have a heavy heart for Carl & Iris. Our prayers go out to them in this time of recovery.

thanks for the rods i will be glad to pick the up there.if anyonelse has the same idea i will pick them up as well you could also drop off at weren westons store thanks for everyones help.

evrything will help the power of prayer for him and family is greatly needed as well pray for this benefit and all will come together, it is not surprizing to see everyone pulling together in times like these and I can assure everyone in the pass carl would be frist in line to help anyone. glenn just let me know what I can do

glen, I don,t know any of you guys on here but you all have given me good advice and i want to help.I live in Caswell co. n.c.and if you send me a flyer to my e-mail i,ll make copies and post them up here and maybe can get some prizes for donations.I would like to meet some you guys at the tournament.

sorry, my e-mail is danbran3@earthlink.net

danny i will email you one thanks .

I spoke to Bob at BIBT and he told me that he was really in bad shape broken ribs, punctured lung, broken pelvis and more but his wife altho cut up is home.
I would like to see a listing of all who donate to this posted.

glen , we went and seen carl yesterday, and he's still carl . just found out it broke his hip to, we still need some more sponsers, and need someone to donate drinks for the avent, the food has been donated, all them proceeds will go to benifit to , have any questions or want to sponser or donate anything call 434-374-4432 or 434-738-7026 mike

how is it coming together any ideas that may need to be filled.

Send me a copy of the Fler and I will post Pittsylvania County and Danville area.

thanks i will send you a copy.i am still asking for items to be raffled off at the tourney if you are someone you may know that might be willing to donate to our cause please inform them what we are trying to do thanks.

Glenn my email is dmcdyer@netzero.com. I am talking to some local business's for donations to help carl and family. Is it Ok to drop things off at Buggs island bait and tackle

I plan on fishing this who else is in?? I am sure they can use the help.

I'm fishing it.

Glenn Sorry I gave you the wrong email it is dmcdyer@netzero.net let me know what I can do

i,m plan on fishing it

im gonna fish it also,got a new boat i wanna try.i got tired of glenn passing me waving.

speedy i will try to send it again thanks alot we are still trying to get prizes for the tournament.snapper i hear you got a new boat. what kind did you get,i will have your hat at the next tournament.

i got a 22ft mitch craft,im gonna try the jet drive.i wanted something to go up the river where the fish are

You guys have been trying to take out team Carl. Wrecked both of us. We both had surgery on Friday. I took 3 bullets and Weston cant walk. But...... when we heal up, its back to giving out ass whippings. We'll see you ladies on the water soon!!!!

Carl so now you've been shot?

Glenn: My name is Glenn Christie. E-mail me a flyer and I will post it on this end of the lake. I live near Satterwhite Point and Nutbush. Also what do you need for the drinks and where do I bring them? I do not know any one of you guys personally but if we love God and and try to do his will we need to help each other. I would be glad to work at the event, but unfortunately I am in Augusta,Ga that Sat at a family event. Smiles. G

Yes Friday on the way to the beach. First one was bird shot , which I removed 2 of those. Now a big bruise is coming up in the same area I removed the others. I can feel 2 more I think. But I also took a 45 through the belt. That hole gave me about 80-90 stitches inside and about 12 outside. Got real lucky this time. But I popped a few stitches again this evening. The first time that happened I replaced the stitches myself. Wasnt going through that again so I cut the rest of the visible ones out.

Huh, is this guy for real, he sounds like Rambo??

sounds like carl and buggsman is the same person,haha just kidding carl

I would love to get my hands on that guy. I'll see you guys at the benefit tournament. Too sore to fish but I'll be helping. I guess I'll have to show you girls my battle wounds.

My apologies to you Carl. I mean no disrespect in my statement. It would take a tough individual to handle events such as that. I wish the both of you well and hope you are back on the water soon. I do not judge ones character for I believe there is only one true judge,(JC).

No apology needed here. Rambo... I wish. I put a few stitches back in the next day and that was rough. But it was either that or I would have been admitted back in the hospital for a few days. Had an agreement that I would stay in bed. Somehow I ended up fishing on the pier then went out on a 24 hour deep sea trip. Thats where I messed up. But I went to fish I was sure going to give it a try. I think even Mike Rutledge could even whip me know!

I own bestfishingstoreonthenet.com so I will donate A BRAND NEW in the box South Bend 870 spinning reel also.

I would like to know how in the heck you were shot. -- were you robbed, mugged or did you just **** off the wrong person at a gas station?

Stump jumper;Lew Compton,Mike Rutledge and myself donated a 6500 trophy series combo.I dropped it off at BIBT for you pick-up this week.See ya'll guys this weekend at the SHOWDOWN.

Glad you are doing ok Carl.Been through bout the same as you are going through now.I took two 44's in the back and got sliced across the front at the same time with some of my guts hanging out about 15 years ago.What was a knuckle bustin fight turned into a slaughter.Oh do i know how painful it is.Bounce back and keep getting up.

thanks a lot guys everything is comming togeather i also donated a 6000 combo.

hey guys if plan on going to shad-tech let joe know.i will put a list togeather later to show some of the prizes we will have at the benefit tourney.

just thought I would let you all know!

Me and ShadHawg will be there to chip
in our support for carl.

We are going to cover the event just
like we do for the catfishshowdown
and post it on the site www.thecatfishshowdown.com
also!

Pictures/video everything!

so count me in!

see you at the scales!

is this benefit tournament going to be cash prizes or just donation prizes.

bigcat,

May 30th, 2007 - 6:05 AM Re: benefit tournament

GLEN , WE NEED MORE PEOPLE TO DONATE PRIZES OR MONEY , IT WILL A PRIZE AVENT ONLY , ALL DONATIONS AND PROCEEDS WILL GO TO CARL AND HIS FAMILY

the benefit tournament will be held sat june 30th 5 pm untill 12 am regerstration starts at 1 pm the tournament will give three places 1st place will be 500.00 dollars 2nd place will be a 6500 combo an a vhf radio 3rd place is a 6500 combo an a spot light there will also be alot of raffle prizes an food so please come out an show your support for a fellow fisherman an thanks to the ones that have donated there time an money to this event no matter how bad things can become people still find room in the heart to help someone through a bad time.i thank god for these special people.

HEY GLEN , DONT FORGET TO TELL EVERYBODY TO BRING EXTRA CASH , LOTS OF GOOD THINGS TO BE RAFFELED OFF , STARTING AT 3:30 , GRILL, TOOLBOX , SWINGS AND PLENTY OF OTHER STUFF. COME AND JOIN US EVEN IF YOU DONT FISH , JUST BRING CASH !!!!!!!!!

I have seen the stuff alot of nice stuff and I do mean nice to be raffled off. This family is VERY greatful to each and everyone who has showed such caring towards them in this very hard time. There is no dout in my mine that this benifit will be a great success for them as well Hats off to the Kerr Lake catfish asso.for there time and effort to make every $$$$$$ dollar they can for this family.

JUNE 30 BENEFIT CATFISH TOURNAMENT - RESULTS

While taking a little drive through the country, Carl and Iris Weston experienced a near fatal automobile accident involving a semi-retired lady running a stop sign and plowing into the driver's side door panel. What started out as a Saturday stroll through the country side, ended up changing their lives forever!

Red Oak, VA - At the scene of the accident, there was little hope that anyone could possibly survive such an impact at 60 MPH. All three were transported to a nearby hospital and eventually released, except for Carl. Three weeks of painful surgery later, Carl slowly rebounded enough to come home to his lovely wife Iris for a speedy recovery.

A brotherhood of catfishermen, and people from far away decided to come together with donations for a benefit catfish tournament at Kerr/Buggs Island Lake on May 30th. The prizes, money, and time everyone contributed into putting on the event to raise money for a family in need were felt through hundreds of hearts. People who don't know Carl or his wife Iris, got together with family and friends for a very worthy cause. All proceeds were given to Carl and Iris.

The joint efforts of Kerr Lake Catfish Association and The Catfish Showdown raised a considerable amount of money. The food was excellent, weather turned out great, and everyone experienced something very special - the love and friendship of fellow catfishermen!

May 30, 2007 BENEFIT TOURNAMENT RESULTS

The Catfish Showdown Team
Kerr Lake Catfish Association Team

National Anthem by "Gospel Voices."
Prayer by Red Moore.

TOP 10

1st Chan Puryear - 36.46 Flathead + Big Flathead
2nd Tony Milam - 24.80 Flathead
3rd Dwayne Lowe - 22.24 Blue
4th Butch Smith - 21.44 Flathead
5th William Robinson - 17.70 Blue + Big Blue
6th Robert Langford - 14.66 Flathead