Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Holiday Shores?

I've heard people mention that they launch their boats at Holiday Shores. Is that a private or public launch area? Do you have to be a resident to use the ramp? Thanks for any help.

Re: Holiday Shores?

It's a public ramp. I've seen plenty of people from out of state use it. I believe it is a corps of engineers ramp.

I think this is a private ramp, with an honor system pay if you want to type set-up. Anyone can use it but it's not maintained by the corp. It's a nice ramp, but no dock.

where is it?

It's at Holiday shores. Up the dan past the split. About 5 miles off HW 58 /about 2 miles of dirt road.

Re: Re: Holiday Shores?

Thanks for the replies.

ru,are there signs showing you how to get to it?I,m from N.C. and i don,t know alot about that part of the country.

danny,if coming from south boston turn left onto Carters point rd. just as soon as you cross over Aarons crk. Look for the Holiday Shores sign about 2 1/2 to 3 miles on your left. I use to put in there a lot yrs ago.

Thanks CC

danny, I checked out the Holiday Shores landing while I was in the area today. From Rt 58 go 2.3 miles to Holiday Shores Drive which is a better than average dirt road that has built in speed bumps which are smooth & a 20 mph speed limit. Take a left at the Hiliday Shores sign & the dirt road is 1.3 miles to the lake. No fee at this landing & there were 3 boat launched there today at 10 am. It is a one lane landing & is upstream & across the lake from the new landing at Staunton River State Park. There is some houses in the general area so it should be a fairly safe place to leave a vehicle.