Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Open Bass Tournament Reminder

Just a reminder that Meherrin Bassmaster's will hold an open bass tournament this Saturday 6-3 at Buggs. Launch site will be North Bend Main Ramp. Entry fee is $60 a boat. Registration will be held the morning of. This is also another qualifing tournament to fish the Classic to be held on Gaston Oct 13. Anyone interested can call Jerry Wright at 434-594-6436 or email at jwright@emporiapolice.org or wrightemporia@aol.com Thanks

Re: Open Bass Tournament Reminder

How many boats you expecting? How much is the payout?

We pay back 85%. 10% is held for the classic to be held on Oct 13 on Lake Gaston. 5% goes to Meherrin Bassmasters Club. We have been averaging 20-25 boats and I am expecting about 25-30 boats this tournament and I say that based on the number of calls and emails that I have recvd just this week and people saying that they are coming. We pay 1 slot for every four boats and pay up to seven slots. Based on a 30 boat field, Big fish will payback $300 and 1st Place will payback $445 and of course if more boats than 30 show up, the payback will increase. Look forward to seeing everyone on Sat morning.

How large was the biggest fish? anyone know?