Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Water

The lake is nice clearing up from Bluestone down not much trash at all, and the bridge islands are out of the water but not by much. The upper end of Grassy had a very muddy stain to it yesterday. We drifted large live shad from above Bluestone down Monday but did not have much luck and left early,noon, because of the heat. The crappie were hitting Saturday used live minnows,Dave aka flipflop email me Miker email me found a hot spot, didn't try for them Monday.
Now for something different, Sure had the rude boaters out this weekend, this lake is 1/2+ mile wide and 30+ miles long so why do they have to go 20 feet from you wide open while your fishing? I would like to see the Wildlife Officers do something about this unsafe boating. We were anchored at the old bridge and a bass boat was fishing around us running his trolling motor he went behind us and here comes a boat again wide open ran right in front of him not more than 20 ft. liked to bounced him off the front of the boat! We need some safety enforced here not just checking your reg and lic!!
Abe keep your postings comming and lets put this ~!@#$%^&* sal on the ignore list, no replys to anything from him ok.

Re: Water

Yeah I am with you. I know the lake is for everyone and try not to be the fun police or target a certain group of motorists, but this is ridiculous out there. SOmetimes I fish and other times I am a pleasure boater, so I try to respect both groups. However if you are riding around for pleasure, steer clear of the fishermen as there is plenty of other parts of the lake to ride around in. I would be curious to see what the effects of the wakes are on the erosion as well. Maybe have some sort of rule about speeds within a certain distance of the shore?

Re: Water

GOOD REPORT JRS. I AGREE THERE ARE A BUNCH OF ILL TRAINED BOATERS ON KERR AS WELL AS ALL OTHER LAKES. AS FOR SAL, I WOULD HOPE HIS CONDITION IS NOT CONTAGIOUS. I TRY TO POST TO HELP FELLOW FISHERMEN BUT SOMETIMES IT REQUIRES TOUGH SKIN, WHICH I HAVE.
ABE