Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Memorial Day fishing

Met a recnet transfer down here at Falls a few weeks ago and we hooked up yesterday to try Kerr in his boat. Sea Ark 1754 size with a 40 Merc.

It was kind of neat to try something different as we pounded the shorelines until his trolling motor started to misbehave. Got a lot of little white perch and baby bass in the shallows, so at least we stayed occupied.

He had never been up to the dam, so we ran up there to see what might be up. Lots of people trolling off the riprap when we got there, and for the first time this year I saw striper working the surface (not big pods, but the occassional small blowup). Drove right by one of them and he ignored us, intent on whatever bait he was after. Anyway, not really set up for trolling and the striper wasn't interested in what we were casting, so gave up there after a few passes, but there were lots of marks in the water in the 25-35' depth zone.

Bounced our way over behind the island at the mouth of Nutbush and tried the shallows again as we worked back toward the ramp at Hibernia. Pretty much just more little perch.

Good day to be on the water, only a little rough at the dam, and lots of eager perch to keep us entertained. It was good to see the striper back in the lake and obviously hungry, we'll see if I can do anything this weekend. Was a little surprised at the ride on the jon boat, it was a little rough, but not nearly as bad as I imagined one would in the chop.

Re: Memorial Day fishing

Sounds like you had a great time. Nice report also.