Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Minn Kota Auto Pilot

My motor was put away with auto pilot left on. Since then auto pilot will not work and I have no steering. Does anyone know what kind of damage I might have done? Any help will be appreciated.

Also, we caught nine stripers above the rr bridge Friday, but no keepers.

Re: Minn Kota Auto Pilot

had the same problem once.it ended up to be the sensor which transfers the heading.i have a adjustable,quick release bracket for sale which will fit an autopilot.if interested e mail me at pmsports1@aol....good luck,james

The very first thing I do when I get the boat on the trailer and out of the water is unplug the DC power cord from my trolling motor. This way I don't forget. Then I unplug my foot control. In that order. The reason for this is the foot control needs to be plugged in and unplugged with no DC power to motor, and when I get home, I hook the t/m batteries straight up to the bank charger and it's a BIG no no to leave DC power hooked up to t/m with 10 amps coming from charger! This will save you a lot of headaches as the sensitive boards don't like spikes/surges of any kind. My t/m stays unplugged from DC until the next time I get to the lake. Just my 2 cents

I have a Riptide Auto Pilot and tried to pull it up to leave the fishing spot one day with the auto-piolt on and it was constantly turning in my hand in the process. I don't know how you could do it without feeling it. I am not sure about the freshwater auotpilots tho..... Hope i don't burn it up like that..

Call Minn-Kota tech support. They are easier to repair than many people realize.

Snapper, are you talking about just an auto pilot? I have a fairly new motor and don't need another notor. Mine is a 70lb. 24 volt,do you know if it will work with this motor? Shoot me an e-mail, I am interested!

its the whole trolling motor

Thanks anyway snapper!

Just got my minn kota out of the shop yesterday. Used the auto pilot for about two hours and everything went out. I think the circut board went out but it was still under warranty. Carried it to outboard performance in Franklinton nc. They were very nice people.

Snapper,
I might be interested
e-mail me the details
godwin123@aol.com
Thanks
Kent