Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cat Report

Where has Abe Goldman been with his unaccurate Cat Report?

I'm going catfishing tomorrow for the holiday and I will post my own information to help out my fellow fisherman.

Sal

Re: Cat Report

Sal I went sunday pm and used chicken livers, shad, frozen menhaden, and fresh bream. Only had one take down and didnt hook up. Fished the Hawtree area on Gaston and got skunked. Nothing to report noteworthy but a report none the less.

TRAP

We caught three channels and one blue between 8:00 pm and 9:30 pm Saturday evening. All hits came from drifting Santee rigs baited with cut shad and bream, no takers on any of the live baits. All four fish came from 14-18 feet of water on the same point. Water temp 81. The shad were hard to find in the hot afternoon!

Started out last night at 9:00, 2 coves above
bluestone. Fished 8 locations for 2 hours each.
Caught only 2 channels 3# & 5#. Used 5 different
bait, Made our way up both rivers 2 miles when
we called it a day. The blues and flatheads were
nowhere between these points. Tried every rig,
bait, burned full tank of gas. Talked with others
along the way - lockjaw!

went saturday night in the staunton river near the island,caught about 20 cats.15 lbs was the biggest.when the herring shad was gone so were the bites,except for the skeeters.

TROLL ALERT !!!!!! Has every body forgotten this quick. I checked the IP #'s from your past post. Playing games again HUH?

TROLL ALERT x2

Troll Alert ????????

I dont get the troll alert? What do trolls have to do with catfish?

Went up the dan Sunday night and only picked up one channel cat on hook and line (fishing shad and bream), but I did get one flat head and one carp in my throw net. Still good to be there. Beautiful night

We went up the staunton sunday night, fish were biting good, but only managed to land 1 blue, had several on, and several runs.
Mike