Return to Website

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help from the fish doc, or anyone else who knows (LARGE MOUTH BASS)

Hello all - coming up for our annual week long fishing trip next week, Monday - Saturday. I was just checking to see if anyone could tell us what's been working, and where the bass are at right now. Last year I did well with top water, particularly the Spittin' Image. Usually lures do not work that well two years in a row. Just wondering if anyone could help us out with some inside info. Thanks to all.

Chip Oakley

Re: Help from the fish doc, or anyone else who knows (LARGE MOUTH BASS)

carolina rigged lizards and baby brush hogs on the points 10-20 ft. have been catching fish. spinnerbaits are also catching them . caught a few on crankbait last weekend, mostly small fish. bigger bites came on spinnerbait . early in the am top water does good ( spook or a sammy) fish the rocks. if the wind gets up hit the red mud banks, fish the mud lines with any of the above methods. caught fish from OCC. to the dam. The jig is still getting bit now and then also. and if none of this works try a zoom centipede watermelon on a 3/4 or 1oz. carolina rig on the rock points across from the mouth of rudds creek. Still nothing, go to uppys get ya some minnows and fish around the bridges.

could not have said it better myself...sounds like excellent advice. spinnerbug is hard to beat in post-spawn...if they ain't hittin it, get a 3/4 oz an sloow down! ( had a 5 pounder break a 1 oz SB in two today, he kept the part with the hook in it) but i prefer bucktails roun the bridges, may get to throw some tommorrow!

Hey FD, Virgil says they are all over the bridges now, boat wakes are washing shad up on the concrete pillars, caught crappie at every spot he spotted at.

SSSHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!