Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FishDoc's Retirement

Just thought I would let all of you know that as of 7PM today FiasDoc is officially retired and will now spend even more time on the water looking for big fish. Good luck Doc,have enjoyed the years working with you and look forward to many more fishing trips together.Hope this place last long enough to go out myself.See ya Saturday.

Re: FishDoc's Retirement

I guess that means Doc is almost as old as I am Huh? Good luck Doc and maybe we can meet up one of these days. I have been twice in two weeks caught 30 and 32 crappie with no throw backs. Tight lines & smiles, G

FishDoc, I know you are ready for this! Enjoy it and catch plenty! However you don't have to rub it in to the rest of us saps who still go to work everyday, ha ha ha! Good Fishing!

luck dog,hell you deserve it.have fun

Have a great retirement FD I have never personally met the man, but I have watched over the last few years visiting this board how he has shared his wisdom with one and all. Congrats on your reirement and leave a few out there for us working folks ok...hahaha. Have a good one.

wow... Fishdoc worked a full time job and got that good at fishing? Amazing... I think he should consider writing some books or articles in magazines. He has been a great contributer here. I don't post too often but I read this forum everyday. I would like to fish with fd one fo these days. I'm still younger and if I live long enough that maybe I can fish everyday :)

Good luck fishdoc and don't fish too much

FishDoc,
I hope you have a GREAT retirement!!!
I hope to see you on the lake.
Boats a '97 Alumnacraft green/tan w/60 Evenrude.

Good Luck.......mb

Congrats...If you worked at all like you fish...I'm sure your employer is going to miss you! Take care

Now you will get to see what retirement is like. It's grrrrreate !!!! " ENJOY ".

Keith, I know you will enjoy your retirement. As I told you in the email I sent you, I AM JEALOUS. Congrats and have a long a properous retirement. Let's keep in touch and do some more fishing. I will stay in touch and keep after you to take me fishing. Look at it this way, you dont have to fish 1/2 days now or call in sick. You will have fun, be careful and God Bless.
Donald

Thanks to all y'all for the kind words...i never worked as hard as i fish. i worked 2nd shift (3-11PM) got up early, fished hard til noon, went to work to get some rest! now i won't have to put it on the trailer at lunch. FD

FD, me & Ckerokeekid will miss you at work, but as he said we hope to join you one day. Will miss all the reports especially the ones from Philpott. Man you got out just in time to pull them nightcrawlers.Good luck, God Bless & most of all stay healthy & enjoy your retirement. Enjoyed the past 29 yrs sharing fishin stories.
cc

CONGRADS HERE ALSO,HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR EXTRA TIME ON THE WATER.HARD WORK REALLY PAYS OFF,STAY BUSY CATCHIN THOSE FISH,TAKE CARE AND ENJOY.

Fishdoc,
Don't let retirement ruin your fishing. I have seen a lot of people retire and fish less. I guess their theory is, "I can always go tomorrow. Took a retired friend out today at Buggs. His bass boat is hardly ever in the water and he lives on the lake!

i won't.

Congrats to you FishDoc on your retirement.

WAY TO GO FD. I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR RETIREMENT AS MUCH AS I HAVE. TIGHT LINES
ABE

lets just hope you can afford to fish on a budget...haha.good luck doc i got 3 yrs and i,m with you.

danny b., i been holdin my fishin down to 200-250 days a yr for the last ten yrs. so i could save enuff to fish everyday after i retired.

ru, don't worry about FD quitting fishing, guess what he did the 1st 3 days of retirement?

Crappie Crossing,
Haven't seen you on the water lately. See vehicles at your lake house on the way to the boat ramp. Lots of white bass around 6am to 8 am and some in the middle of the day. I'm sure you know where to look for them.

ru, I saw you leaving Monday around 1pm or so, crowd was just to big this weekend. I did fish 3 hrs Tue morning & kept 29 crappie north of Buffalo in the off color water. Some of them still spawning.

cc, ru, the first 6 days of retirement. soon to be 7. takin my 10 yr ol neice an her friend brim fishin thurs...pass it on.

As of September this year, I will be 55 and have 33 years and eligible for full retirment. Still have one in college so I probably have a few more years until I can fish full time. Probably need to replace that 30 year old boat before I retire or at least put away the money to replace it if it ever quits.

FD, let me know when you go to Philpott, ought to be about the right time with all of these 90* days.