Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Water in the brush

With the water to be in the 300' level this weekend, will there still be bursh in the water enough to have fish on them?? If so, where? I'm coming up tomorrow and want to know what to expect. Catch & Release! Thanks.

Re: Water in the brush

102 People have read this so far and not one can answer the simple question! I'm not asking for your secret fishing hole, for goodness sakes. Just if the water this weekend will be in the bushes, if at a little over the 300' mark??

Dave ,you sound like my follow up post. With the water below 301 you will have to hunt to find a bush with decent water around it. Most bushes will be to shallow or dry but you can find a few if you look in creek pockets. Main lake stuff will be hard to find.Sounds like most fish are coming from topwater in the morning and c-rigs/crankbaits later.

Not a Kerr expert by any means, but believe most of the shoreline stuff will be very shallow or out of the water at 300- usually 303 or more is better for fishing in the bushes. If you are going to fish shallow I would go uplake (Clarksville and above). This time of year most of the fish should have already moved out to the next drop (7-12').

Thanks alot guys. We are from Jacksonville, NC and are coming up for a small club tourn. this weekend. I'll post how we done on Monday! Thanks again!

If you are set on fishing bushes the main lake cuts around clarksville will have a small amount of bushes in some of them. I believe you'll have better luck on points with wind on them if we have any wind.