Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PONDS

im Brandon and im 14 and im going fishing at a pond at my huntclub this week and i just wanted to know what are some good pond baits that work and how do u fish them thanks

Re: PONDS

Brandon
Ponds are great places t catch fish, you dont need alot of tackle to fish them either, small crankbaits like bandits 200 series blue back chartruese sides do well. Buzz baits spinnerbaits plastic worms and lizards will all catch fish. rig a zoom trick worm on a 2/0 hook with a 1/4 oz. bullet weight and hop it along the botttom set the hook when you feel a thump. retrieve a buzz bait just fast enuff to keep it on top, when a fish hits wait til you feel him then set the hook retrieve the crank bait at a med. speed and try to bump into sticks rocks or what ever is in the pond, the more things you bounce it off of the more bites you'll get. hope this helps. good luck be careful and most of all have fun.

Ray gave ya some excellent advice. I've proved to myself that a buzzbait will catch the biggest fish in the pond, under the rite conditions. i'd add a 1/16 to 1/8th oz roostertail to the list. cast paralel to the bank, from 1-5 ft out. done real well in a lot of different ponds with a 1/4 oz spot or rattletrap fished fast. a 3 inch rapala twitched on top is also a good technique this time of yr. as is a swimmin worm. 6inch creme, purple with white dots. hope this helps ya.

Brandon, if all else fails take a light rod and a small jig with a 2" twister tail. If there's fish in there you should find some!

1/4 ounce Johnson Beetle Spins

you can't go wrong with nightcrawlers fished on a hook & weightless line, open the bail & watch the line move off. when I was a kid use to fish this way all time in the summer.

brandon I don't know what the other guys are talking about!!!what kind of fish are you going for?I only fish ponds for bait (no tallent required)haha If you are not targeting any certain fish use a minnow suppened on a cork. 1bigblue