Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lake Dissection

Put in Satterwhite last Saturday and had no idea where to go or what to throw being my first time on the lake. Needless to say, this river fisherman had no luck on the lake. Any help with what to chunk or especially what area of the lake to concentrate on would be greatly appreciated. I've heard its not that difficult to catch numbers but I've had no luck putting my son on them. Trying to find locate some before Saturday when we go back. Its a long 120 miles back from a skunking. Thanks.

Re: Lake Dissection

What type of fish do you want to catch? Have you thought of going up the lake to the rivers?

Don't feel bad I have had the same experience since we moved here in 2003!!!!!! I live just down the cove from Satterwhite. Take your son to Grassy Creek, Clarksville Va bridge area, Butchers creek, Rudds creek, Sandy creek so he will not be disapointed. Smiles and tight lines. G

oh sorry that might matter hadnt it. bass. and i suppose i would definitely consider going to the rivers if that is the best place to catch em--but also could be determined by a sudden hike in gas prices. are there any good spots on the nutbush arm of the lake as well, just in case? Thanks.

and we are used to using muddy water baits so this clear lake had us all befuddled.

I don't bass fish however there is a tourney on every corner this w/e plus the w/e warriors plus pleasure boats and jet skies galore. Good luck. It is only a 30 minute drive to Grassy creek/Clarksville area. You might as well forget gas prices I am suprised we are not paying higher than we are. I just fill my truck put 5 gals in my 40 hp 4 stroke and away I go. I said I would never give up my old 1998 5.7 but I bought a V6 4x4 a month ago and my bride a Mercedes convertible with a 300 hp V8 that requires super unleaded. You only live once may as well enjoy. Smiles, G

so did anyone have any suggestions for bassin the nc portion of the lake?

Hey Guy: I went into as much detail as I could and so did the others reponder. Grassy Creek is in NC so is Island creek and the main channel going toward Clarksville. Also from Grassy toward the dam. Sounds like your mind is made up regardlrss. Good luck to you and hope it turns out well. Smiles, G

haven't been in couple weeks to nutbush but last time I went caught them off stumps 3-15'on CB/C-R
but grassy is always worth the extra 1/2 hour