Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chatterbait

It appears I have fallen victim to good advertising. I purchased some Chatterbaits, $6 each, and having used them have not caught a single fish. The only advantage to these over spinnerbaits seems to be they can be fished shallow with a much slower retrieve. Have any of you guys had good luck with these lures and if so are you doing something differently than with a convential spinnerbait?

Re: Chatterbait

Caught a 4 lb bass on my first cast. 100's of cast later, not 1. ????

I love spinnerbaits and was reluctant to use them, but have had good luck with them in Buggs. I like to kind of YO-YO it back, with a nice flutter back to the bottom. A few weekends ago, I caught two nice hogs on them and a monster crappie as well!! I have read where some of the guys on here use a fluke as a trailer on them.

Toby

I have used th chatterbait a lot and have good results. It slows me down. I fish it kind of like a jig and sometimes like a spinnerbait, very versitle. My wife and I have caugth several fish over 6 and she caught a 2# crappie on one bass fishing. I use a twin tail trailer in white. I like um. Goodluck