This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stripers?

Hey all -

been lurking on here for a while trying to figure out this lake - pretty much a newbie at real fishing (beyond bobbers and worms - hah). In laws have a place just off Buffalo and a new boat, and am thinking of heading up tomorrow for some fishing.

A Co-worker says the Stripers are coming back to the lake - this true? They up toward Bluestone and Buffalo or any back down toward the other end? Anyone having luck yet? Thanks all!

T

Re: Stripers?

fished 6 hours thursday night between Ivy Hill and Island Creek Dam, zip zilch zero nada totally skunked. good luck

As they move back into the lake they should be heading back towards the dam and all the places in between that they hang out when the water is warm

I fished the Staunton river in Brookneal Sat and Sunday and caught 8 stripers. 3 of the 8 were keepers, but I released them for another day.

The Staunton is very low right now and I would expect they are headed back to the lake to find deeper water.

Caught most on super flukes with 3/8 jig head. Others were caught on Redfins after dark.

All but 2 of those caught were thin, however those 2 still had a big belly. All were male.

Monsterbuk

Thanks all for the responses - I'm heading up today and will let you know how things go!