Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kerr Lake Grass

I didn't make it to Kerr last year but the year before i found some grass in the lake. Not the hydrilla type but like a almost black short grass that was on the bottom and not very tall. The fish liked being around it, i guess using it as camouflage.Is that stuff still in the lake. It wasn't everywhere, just in places.

Re: Kerr Lake Grass

I know of some in Little Nutbush. It's on the bottom in 10 to 15 feet of water. Bright green color. Kinda coon-tail looking stuff.

Haven't looked for it yet this year, but it's been in the same spot for the past 2 summers. You can catch it with a DT-16.

Haven't caught fish off of it. I've caught fish near it.

The black grass you found may have been the same stuff in a winter-killed mode.

278 people read this post and only one person can respond about the grass. I'm not asking for you to tell where it is, just if you have seen any? Thanks for your response SurFishalot!

I have not seen any at all.

We drag catfish rigs on the bottom just about every weekend. Generally drag them several miles and we never catch any weeds. Sometimes we catch a stick or two and occasionally even a fish! If you figure out where it is let us know 'cause we'd like to test out our new weedless santee rigs in that stuff. Thanks

BassCatnVA; don't know if it's still there or not, but I've seen some in a couple coves around Palmer's . Only a couple places held bass, but yes, I have seen what you are speaking of. I've wondered why, with most of us fishing Gaston and Kerr, that there isn't more grass in Kerr. I realize water fluctuation and bottom content has a lot to do with it, but even in some of the softer bottom areas of Kerr that stuff should grow. Hell, they can't kill it in Gaston!! Lol. I see you make it around to quite a few boards to, lol. Maybe we've crossed lines somewhere?

Grassy Creek has grass in it and there is grass in Nutbush outside of there I have never seen any. I think the lake varys to much for much to grow in it around Clarksville and to muddy.

hydrilla is in kerr now, nutbush area, caught some shaky head fishin and heard of some matted up late last summer around hybernia