Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bass Fishing

Did anyone have any luck today? Just wondering if the post-spawn bite has picked up? Could anyone tell me how deep they are. Any help will do. I will be coming down tomorrow and will post results Monday. Thanks

Re: Bass Fishing

Caught about 15 today on secondary and main lake points. Plastic worked for me. Fished Ivy Hill area. Biggest only 2 1/2 lbs. Mostly small bucks. could not fid a quality fish.

THROW THE WHITE FLUKE EARLY!!!!!!!! Get there early as possible and throw the white fluke in the big bushes and hang on..Caught 11 sat.morning on it..First three went around 13lbs. Good ones!! Topwater bite stopped around 9:30..This was all in bluestone..Fished from Clarksville down left side to Grassy Fri.and caught 19 on Car.rigged lizard and baby brush hog..Char/pumpkin lizard and green pumpkin brush hog with tail dipped in char..From what Ive seen the past two day, get there early as you can and throw that fluke twitching it fairl slow..Most bites were in first couple of twitches and go as far back in the pockets as you can, thats where we got all our big ones!!! Was my first day trip to buggs!! Im HOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!! It is an awesome lake..Those of you that get to fish it all the time are lucky!! Hope I can come back another time and give you another good report!!

I caught 12 Saturday. Mostly small fish, biggest 5 were probably 8.5 lbs or so. I did catch a walleye on Saturday though, which was very cool. First one for me out of Kerr Lake.

Toby

I ended up going on Tuesday. Did pretty well on the Carolina rig with a lizard or brush hog. Fished mostly Eastland and Nutbush. Caught around 25 for the day up to 5 lbs. Most of them in the 8 foot range. I hope this helps. Thanks for all the input and hope to get down there again in two weeks or so, before they go too deep.