Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
worst lure ever???

I was curious what everyone has to say about this. I was talking to a fisherman the other day. Somehow The Dance's Eel came up. It has to rank as the worst lure in my book for a few reasons. First, of course I never had any luck with it and second was the price when it came out. I think it was about $6, 20 years ago! That $6 bought over 6 gallons of gas then. I have heard it many times "Lures are designed to catch the fisherman more than the fish" and Dance's eel was just that. After, we finished laughing we looked down and there it was again, now only $4 and smaller

Re: worst lure ever???

My fishing partner and I have used the Dancin Eel and put it to use in the water and have over 500 hours total time on it and have yet to catch our first fish. We love the action of it in the water and can't quite understand why a bass won't hit it but they don't. We have used it off and on for 15 years or so and we have convinced ourselves that it will some day be a collectors item because everyone else threw theirs away. Then don't you know they come out with it again. It is without a doubt the worst lure.

Have to say the same about The Walking Worm. Fished it quite a bit and and never caught a fish but seemed to lose the worm each time I had a bite or hung a fish. Have about 20 dollars worth taking up room in my tackle storage....

Maybe Bass don't like the taste of eel. (Taste like chicken). Sometimes I think the lure looks realitic and it mimics those creatures but they are not really part of the fishes food chain. When cleaning fish I always cut the belly of the fish open to see what they are eating and have yet to find eels. Always, Minnow, crawdads, bugs and the like.

Just a thought.

Hey how about the "Bango Minnow" now there is a lure for the fisherman. It is really hyped up, it might work but I found it over sold as a gimic.

Good like.

I was thinking of that frog thing my buddy bought, supposedly when you cast it it'd pull the string out, and when it hit the water the string would rewind on it's little motor and the back legs would kick sort of like a frog. We took that to the most bass-infested pond we have and scared them to death with it.