Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
philpott

Hey Guys, this is my first post, been reading these boards for a couple weeks now though. Anyways, I live right on philpott lake, and generally don't do much good, I feel like I could prob average one bass for every trip I make. HAHA I know I suck, anyway. Me and my family also came down to buggs a couple weeks ago when that cold front came in, didn't seem to catch much, looked to be an awesome lake, just weren't producing many fish. Caught like 4 fish in two days per person. I'm 17 years old, and love fishing, just hoping someone can give me some advice as to what I may be doing wrong. Just learning to use a carolina rigged lizard/worm recently, and am doing a little better with that, as I said, just hoping to learn a little something that might help me catch more fish in the future. Thanks in advance for any tips/advice.

Re: philpott

Tell you what! Just give up on the bass at Philpott and start walleye fishing. Buy a bottom bouncher and a floating worm rig, attach the nightcrawler and slow troll around shallow points. Between 10-30 feet deep depending on time of year. The hotter it gets the deeper the fish will be. I use to live in Martinsville but now live in Clarksville, haven't figured buggs completly out yet. Good luck.

Kevin:
I went to Philpott tuesday. Cought two smallmouth & five largemouth. They were from one to ten ft deep. Cought one on a large minnow. The others were cought on lead head curly tail jigs.
The water was really clear so I had to stay well off the bank in order not to spook the fish.
I had three largemouth bass (look to be about one to two lbs each) follow my boat for about 300 yds as I was working the shore line. When I would stop they would stop. I would move they would move. I guess they was checking me out because they would not hit anything.
I hope this helps and good fishing.
(MOE)

Haven't been to Philpott in acouple of weeks,but caught plenty of Largemouth on a 4 1/2" Roboworm on the lower end of the lake.My buddy who lives down that way, said they were tearing a pop-r up last week. Good luck,tight lines.

Thanks to all ya'll, gettin ready to head to the lake now, wish me luck. HAHA Thanks again for the responses, and I'll give all of it a try.