Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
bass fishing trip to buggs!

Hello, Im making a week bass fishing trip to Buggs from 5/19/07-54/26/07. Have not fished the lake in about 5 years. I was wondering if anyone would have any info. on some tips on how to catch a few. Areas/ baits? Any top water action? I love to throw the buzz bait!! I support catch and release!! All fish will be thrown back!! Thanks in advance, Andy

Re: bass fishing trip to buggs!

They are tight lipped right now and not much action. Seem to be in deeper water to me. Went out yesterday morning in Island Creek and only had two by 11am and both were dinks. Water is a little low for my liking. Sorry I'm not much help.

Did pretty well on them this past Saturday on topwater. Of course I'm sure the cloud cover had a lot to do with it. Caught several between 3 1/2 & 4 1/2 lbs in about 5' of water. The fish are currently in post spawn but many have not fully recovered yet from the spawning ritual. I look for them to start feeding better in the next week or two (topwater should improve considerably).

we've always done good in the shallow water around the islands and the backs of coves that don't get a lot of wave action from boat traffic and the no wake zones, smoke purple zoom worms and white buzz baits.

I fished this past Friday & Saturday. I caught most of my bass on rocky points on the main body of the lake on finnesse worms mainly with red flake and green flake finnesse worms on 1/8 oz jig heads. Most of them where only 12 to 16 inches long, but I had a blast.

Stan, what general area were ya most successful in, if ya don't mind sayin? or email me. thanx FD