Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lake Mayo

Going to Lake Mayo this Friday to go Bass fishig,just wondering if any of you all have been lately.Are the fish biting there where do they seem to be hanging out. I went there two years ago nice day did not catch one bass. People at work said they have been hearing that the fish are biting very good.Any help would be great.I usually fish Buggs and Hyco the most, fish seem to be biting very good at Hyco caught a 6 lb LMB at Hyco last week on a lizard. Not had good luck at Buggs this year

Re: Lake Mayo

YES,THEY ARE BITING AT MAYO.FISHED FROM SUNRISE TIL 2 P.M.TODAY. TWO OF US CAUGHT 19 OR 20. MOST WERE 2 LBS.AND UP,WITH BIGGEST ABOUT 6 LBS. THEY ARE ON FLATS THAT HAVE STUMPS IN 2 TO 6'WATER. CRANKBAITS, T-RIGS AND ZARA SPOOKS IN THAT ORDER. YOU SHOULD DO WELL ON FRIDAY IF THE WIND PERMITS.
ABE

Thanks Abe,has anyone else been up there I have only fished Mayo once I could use all the help I can get.

Re: Re: Lake Mayo

I'm thinking of taking the wife to Mayo, never been and don't have a map. Are there danger areas to watch out for? Any creeks better than others?

Thanks for any info

Eric

just watch your depth finder, some of the creeks get shallow kinda quick. . . .if you go up near the dam, which is on the far side of bridge from the ramp, watch for quick shallow spots, and large rocks in the water, all the rocks i have seen, are near the bank, just a few inches under water.

1st place i would try early in the am for bass. . .go left of ramp, around small curve and look for the cabins on the far side, there's a dock down inside the cove, fish from there to the back of the cove, it has always done well for me. . .i've had good luck on a texasrig bubblegum lizard.
Good Luck!
Mike

Fished Friday and Saturday morning caughgt 7 bass Friday and 3 on Saturday one was 4 lbs others were around 2 lbs was a tournament going on Saturday a couple of them guys caught several big fish

We always had good luck in the back of the cove where the ramp is and back down toward the lower bridge and along where the houses can be seen from the water.

Thanks Ray I will check it ouy next time I go I have only been to that lake a couple of times but I like it.

city lake, or the roxboro city water supply isn't far from there, and it gets very little traffic, it's actually 2 lakes joined by a spillway in the middle and neither very large, you might try it some time. Do a ride-by first and check the signs, I think it was restricted to under a certain HP motor and I can't recall what it was. If I get a chance this weekend I might ride up there.

Roxboro City Lake is restricted to 25hp or lower. but i've seen bigger boats there using trolling motor. Very good fishing hole!
Mike