This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: striper bait

V is right. Lake reidsville has loads of shad ready for the taking. After you put in at Reidsville, Go to the right up to the bridge and look in the cove on your right next to the first bridge. Went there early Friday morning before going to Buggs, And loaded the tank with 6 to 8 inchers with 2 throws. FYI, Lake Townsend is also full of shad. Simply decide which is more convenient to you. Hope this helps...

Thanks for the response, but I am actually a retard I meant to say Falls not Kerr, we cross it on 85 on our way to weldon, any info on shad there, or info on boat ramp near where 85 crosses Falls, Thanks

Listed below is three ramps for Falls lake from I-85. I prefer the last one since the water is deeper and less hazards.
If you use the first and middle one please be careful. West of Geer Street bridge there are several places that big rocks and stumps hide just below the water surface. I tore up a brand new stainlesss steel prop on one of them. Fortunately I have one of those Bubba tested Triump boats so the hull was not damaged. My depth gauge was showing twenty feet of water seconds before I hit the rock.

If you use the second one and go right as you leave the ramp and go under the Geer street bridge you should be ok as long as you take it slow. Once you cross under the bridge you will be OK.

Eno River tributary; Exit I-85 at exit 182 and follow SR-1632 (Red Mill Rd) north 3.5 miles to access area on Eno River.

Exit I­85 at exit 182 (Red Mill Rd) and go east to E. Geer Street (SR-1670). Turn right on E. Geer and proceed to Burton St. Turn left and follow Burton to Cheek Rd. Turn left on Cheek and go about 0.3 mi to the left split off of SR-1637. Follow SR-1637 to the access area.

I think this one is called Ledge Rock.

From Durham and I-85: Take exit 191 of I-85 (NC-56) and go east to Creedmoor. Turn left on South Mail (NC-50) and follow NC-50 to SR-1901. Turn right (west) on SR-1901 and continue to SR-1903. Turn left (south) on SR-1903 and proceed to SR-1900. Turn left (east) on SR-1900 which takes you to the access area.

I've never caught any big ones but you shouldn't have any trouble finding 2"-3" shad in the coves to the left of the ledge rock boat ramp.

HOW FAR FROM 85 IS THE LEDGE ROCK RAMP ?

ANYONE EVER USE BREAM FOR BAIT STRIPER FISHING ?

It's a couple of miles. take the hwy 15 exit which is the first one after you cross the lake and about 1/4 mile out you'll see the signs and it's about 2 miles down that road. The NC wildlife website says "bring your minnows-the stripers seem to be hitting them the best".

The tackle shop at the stop light before you cross the bridge In Roanoke Rapids sells nice big shad.

ROANOKE RIVER OUTFITTERS ? OR ANOTHER ONE ?